Why the height?

Why do y'all guys find short girls so attractive? What's so cute about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because being around short girls makes the guy feel bigger and more manly, like a protector. Short girls are easier to hold and throw around during intimate times. They generally seem less lanky and awkward, too.

Tallness is largely relative, though. I dated a guy who was 6'2 and would always comment on my "small" size and call me petite, even though I'm 5'6 which is a little above average for a girl.

I think more than anything, guys just like girls who are healthy and in shape. Everyone has their ideal preferences, but anyone would agree that a beautiful person is beautiful regardless of her height.

What Guys Said 12

• If you're asking why many men like shorter women more, it's probably because you live in North America, where the standard of beauty is for women to be short, feminine, have a curvacious figure, and cute. If you were to travel to Europe, the standard of beauty is for women to be tall, have long legs, slender, and sexy.

• Honestly I don't understand it either. Well some guys seem to need a short girl for their own confidence (which is pathetic) but many just find it cute or something and I don't really get it. I personally find tall girls much more attractive since they're just closer to my height, I guess.

• Because I'm short myself.. Only like 5''5.

• 183 cm or 6 ft. I've been told that I'm tall but personally I think I'm average since most people are around my height or shorter.

• Oh sorry forgot to answer the question. Short girls have great personalities but I'm more attracted to tall girls.

• Would you go out with a guy 6 inches shorter than you?

• I don't find short girls attractive, I prefer tall girls anyway.

• You can send 'em down burrows to flush out a wabbit!

• they don't undermine us as being superior in terms of height!

• Superior in terms of height? Really? Is that a requirement?

• of course not, but no guy wants to walk alongside a woman and look like a young boy walking with his mommy!!

• i mean that is why they are preferred, but taller women can be hotter and more desirable, there is no rule here only different opinions !!!@!

• Naaah idc about height... she should love me nothing else really matters 😊

• I like all heights

• Its cute and feminine. Just like being tall with broad shoulders Is a masculine feature.

• cuz im already short haha. i am 5'7 or 5'8 so i tend to find girls at or below that line. not sure what exact height "short" is in this context.

What Girls Said 7

• Guys like tall girls as well.

• I know that, but most guys I have met think that short girls are more attarctive than tall girls.

• My boyfriend says that he likes my height because it's cute and my being small makes it really easy to pick me up. He also likes that he can put his arm on top of my head or put a palm over my forehead to stop me getting close to him. He's 6 foot and I'm 5'2.

• Cuz short is usually characterized as more feminine while being tall is generally considered more masculine. Guys usually prefer shorter women or at least shorter than them so they feel more masculine and able to protect her. This is what I've heard.

• Seems to be true, although I prefer it the other way around, as weird as it sounds.

• The guys I know that like short girls like them because "they're adorable". Something about how tiny a lot of short girls are makes them feel like they need more protecting I guess. And from the short girls I know, they typically like to get babied a lot more than the tall girls I know so it makes sense. In all honesty though, height doesn't really matter. My boyfriend is 6'4" and I'm 5'8" and he still thinks I'm "tiny and adorable". He's dated girls that were barely 5' before and now he's with me. The personality and overall person are what matter, not their height.

• Guys will bang anything with legs. Period.

• what do you define short?

• Because we're adorable. :)