You're the Detective!, Riddle lvl Easy. Riddle 6?

A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: "I can't go on. I have nothing to live for." Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn't a suicide?

I'm giving MHO to the FIRST person to get this right after 24 hours to give more people the chance to answer. Hope you all are enjoying the riddles! Good luck! :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• How does a deadman rewind a cassette tape?

• Because the tape had been re-winded after the man had shot himself

• someone had rewound the tape.

What Girls Said 4

• Tapes don't rewind themselves... unless it was his ghost! 😱

• But how did he rewind the tape lol if he commited suicide. So yeah, probably this reason.

• Oh! Because the message started at the beginning! It was rewound!

• Someone had to press a button to make the recorder stop recording after the gunshot. Someone else was in the room. It was probably the butler. Just kidding. Am I right though? I was just guessing.