Plenty of you (US) americans seem confused. Should I make a mytake on this?

I asked a question about it a while ago: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q1203031-dear-americans-us-americans

Yet plenty of you are still at it, say "I could care less" insteand of "I couldn't care less". Would a take on this help, do you think?

• Yes a myTake would help.
  • No, but there's another way to fix this.
  • Sorry, there's no hope.
*saying *instead

The important thing is to recognise your mistakes and correct them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me Americans aren't the only ones guilty of that grammar sin. I'd pick a more productive hill to die on but it's your choice. If you feel like a mytake will be a productive choice go for it. Just remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

• "Just remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

Is that a real saying or did you make it up? I like it.

• @Octavius LOL! I wish I was that clever! It's something I've heard from my mom, teachers, books, and even on TV. Maybe it's regional?

What Girls Said 6

• People will not grasp this particular piece of grammar from a Take. People are stupid and like to remain that way.

• So there's nothing that can be done about it?

Maybe GaG could autocorrect the phrase. They do that with "Xmas": Christmas

• I doubt that would ever happen as GaG is owned and operated by a Turkish company.

• Perhaps you shouldn't let this consume so much of your time and energy.

• It doesn't, I posted that question months ago (last year I think) and just now I saw a couple users get it wrong in consecutive questions I viewed. That's why I've revived my interest in this, it's still quite prevalent.

• But all of the words in the phrase have the same meaning, americans just aren't constructing the sentence logically.

What does 'biscuits' mean there?

• It's a flakey, buttery bread, circular in shape. Most often used with butter and breakfast sandwiches. It's shaped like and English muffin but with a far better taste and has layers, if you will...

• I couldn't care less, although I noticed it as well. It's U. S. speak, doesn't really matter.

• Hope is wasted on the hopeless.

• I think you'd be wasting your time. For being one of the super powers of the world the USA bombs in education. It's really quite sad. Your post won't break anybody of their bad habits.

• I could care less about this.

• So you do care about it a bit then?

• Not even American. Keep spewing your nazi hate.

• Seriously? Universal healthcare and nazism?

What Guys Said 5

• I always thought 'I could care less' was meant sarcastically.

Don't pretend you can make sense of English.

Flammable and Inflammable.

Cleave.

• IF YOU SAY COULD INSTEAD OF COULDN'T, IT ISN'T SARCASTIC, IT'S LITERALLY TRUE. The whole point of "I couldn't care less" is exaggerate/emphasise your lack/absence of care.

• It means the opposite of itself.

Just a word of friendly advice, you should always be careful who you accuse of stupidity, a lot of the time it backfires.

• Who's accusing anyone? (Though one candidate springs to mind...)

• It bothers me a lot too, man, but it'd probably be a waste of time.

• Sure sounds like a good idea.

• Too many people don't think when they speak casually. That's a very hard habit to break.

• It's good to know all of America's other problems have been solved.