Can you be spiritual without being religious?

I'm an Athesist however i've noticed that i do seem to quite like the ideas of things that are spiritual: the latest one that caught my attention was the idea of Chukra's (got the info from Avatar: the Legend of Aang) and relaising that i connect more which the spirtual side of things than relgious stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Because we only know few about the world. And the more we discover, the more we realize that we, as human beings, are really ignorant (Ignorant isn't enough of an adjective to describe that we really know nothing). What's spiritual could be real and all the phenomenons could have a logic explanation of why they happen. Actually, there's a theory that everything that comes to your mind could exist somewhere out there either in a parallel universe or in a far far away galaxy. The world is full of mysteries.

What Girls Said 10

• Well, atheism is simply a lack of belief in god (s). While most atheists I know do not believe in anything supernatural, you CAN be an atheist and believe in supernatural and/or spiritual things.

• Yes, that is certainly possible. There are many people who believe in a higher power but do not adhere to any specific religion. A person can believe in a God and not follow any religion at all, they are spiritual but not religious.

• There are a lot of people who don't practice a specific religion, but still consider themselves spiritual.

• Im not really sure if im getting this right but you could join art of living.. its beautiful and spiritual... you pay once and the followups for the rest of your life are free.. lol.. It has no relation with religion and God so there you go! Live your life!! :)

• you can do whatever you want...

• I'm not an atheist, I believe in God but religion isn't for me. I think religion's stupid and causes unnecessary problems

• Of course you can. Let's face it Moses was.

• Yes, you can believe in the supernatural without believing in any religion.

• Sure
    you can believe in spirits, but not in God
    I guess it's possible yes

• Religions teaches deity worship in human or animal form.

Being spiritual is the practice of being kind, compassionate and relating to others without what the priest adding the notion that sex is bad without marriage or even thinking sexual thoughts.

What Guys Said 8

• One of the problems with religion as most people understand it is this Judao/Christian/Muslim concept that there is only one God and their way is the only way to approach the devine. I am very religious and pagan. I would recommend picking up a copy (even electronically ) of the Tao Te Ching by Sun Tsu. It's the basses of the Taoist belief system and separates spiritualism and the devine.

• Yes just like you can perform brain surgery without being college educated.

img.memecdn.com/...ure-doing-it-wrong_o_563791.jpg

• Care to try again without the condescension?

• Ahh you're one of those types.

For the record i never said i was smarter than you, just that i don't understand your logic. There is a difference between being smarting than someone and not understanding someone's processes

• Well you don't understand the processes behind spirits and don't want to so I fail to understand why you asked this question unless it was just to be lied to by other atheists. If that's the case I'll be stepping out of this circle jerk of a question now. Have a blessed day.

• yeah you could, i think i am more spiritual in a way too

• Yes, you can. Secular humanist groups have a lot of members who consider themselves spiritual on some level (not necessarily having to do with a deity) but not religious.

• U don't even believe in spirt so no

• Well people are religious because they truly belive in it

And if you truly belive in all this spiritual stuff its basically the same thing when you really think about it

• It means about the same thing, without a commitment to any school of thought or having to say the dreaded r-word, which many people automatically treat with scorn.

• A cartoon... you're not serious

• Don't diss cartoons. Just because they were made for children doesn't mean they don't have actual life lessons in them