What do you think about undocumented Mexican immigrants?

• They shouldn't be in the US
  • They should be in the US

Most Helpful Guy

• They are devastating to local, state, and federal economy, medical services, educational services, legal services, supply services, and social services. On top of that they are incredibly difficult to keep track of and, in this day of global terror, that is highly dangerous and suspect.

If they want to become American citizens, fair enough sounds good, they can go through the proper channels but to just show up, leech services from tax payers while putting nothing into the pot? No, that is not the right way to do it and it has caused catastrophic economical damage to numerous facets of the American society.

• Yes it has. Our healthcare has gone down the drain and more people than ever are on Medicare or Medicaid which is terrible. And they are cheap. I cashier and nine times out of ten when I see a coupon scammer they are Mexican. And they give you dirty looks because you aren't willing to scam the system (to steal essentially).

• @kroakies_krickees I would say that (approx) 8/10 people during my residency said the same thing as you just stated during our sessions in that medical service has tremendously dipped since the massive amount of people were allowed free status to roam and gain services. The thing is, I am on the opposite side so I rarely see the lines and/or appointment times but I went out to the floor today just to check and it was unbelievable.

The health care service scams are massive now as well. We (my hospital) had four deaths last month alone because the wrong blood types were issued due to stolen medical ID numbers and changed medical records from the thief. In other words, they take the ID number, go in for medical care, change the entire background history and then when the real paying patient comes in, their entire history is decimated to the point that if they don't have an affluent relative/friend there to speak on history there either needs to be a full battery of tests or that's that.

• The problem is that our country just gives them so many things that they shouldn't have rights to as non citizens. I don't think we do s good job with border patrol either or we wouldn't have this problem.

What Guys Said 8

• None of our antcistors came here documented. In fact most of them had sold themselves into servitude just to get here. That's not to say they shouldn't get the proper documents but give them a choice. If you're caught you either get the proper documents or you go home.

• Times have changed drastically since our ancestors first came here. You can focus on the past or on the present. Letting them off with a warning won't do any good. They already lied, cheated, and stole to get here. They'd do it all again to stay.

• So did our antcestors. As you say though times have changed. We have civilized medicine, people to keep the peace, a government that we choose, and many more benefits too plentiful to list. They do not have many of these at all. So they had to do whatever needed to better their lives for themselves and families. Would you not do the same in order to give your family a life free of constant fear?

• They should be documented and forced to pay taxes and work but yeah if they're willing to do that I don't have a problem. As long as they're contributing.

• That's the whole problem we are having. There are so many that are undocumented. They know if we were to seek them out documenting their existence here, they'd be discovered to be illegal immigrants and would very likely to be deported. If it was as easy as knocking on their doors and telling them they had to qualify as legal citizens who payed taxes like everyone else, we would have already been doing it.

• Yeah I'm saying we should make an effort to find them. It would really be better for us in the long run for them to contribute even if it was kind of expensive and time consuming to find everyone.

• They're undocumented, so they don't exist. What undocumented Mexican immigrants?

• you mean illegal aliens?

• If white Europeans can come over and get away with murder then why can't Mexicans come over and live here peacefully?

• They can't. If you are talking about the Europeans who first came over and colonized the country, that isn't pertinent. Same book, different chapter. What is now American land was once free for the taking. Or we fought for it if it was already claimed.

• Free for the taking? My neighbors house is free for the taking, that doesn't justify me breaking in and killing him and his family!

• Read the whole comment! I said it WAS free for the taking BEFORE AMERICA was colonized. Breaking into your friend's house hasn't got anything to do with this as far as I can see. by the way, how is your neighbor's house free for the taking? He wouldn't view it that way, I promise.

• They need to be deported immediately. Sanctuary cities also need to be done away with.

• I'm going to get all their names and write them in a book. Then they'll be documented. . .

• i myself happen to be mexican, but I think immigration should go house to house and knock down doors, ask for US citizenship documentation and if not deport them back, because a lot of mexican people take advantage of not having papers and they create fake ones and work like that and for some stupid reason, they pass as citizens.

What Girls Said 1

• They take away job opportunities that are supposed to be for hardworking American citizens. I think it's lazy if they aren't willing to do what it takes to enter our country legally. No, it's not easy to get into America but that is my country's prerogative. If you want to come here so badly you should do so honestly.

• Yeah, we Americans are lining up and knocking down the door for those physically demanding and low paying physical labor jobs like crop picking, gardening, and housecleaning.

• Those are jobs that American citizens should have the first chance at getting. If a person is not a legal citizen and doesn't have a work visa (which many of these people don't; they can't even afford insurance for cripe's sake!) any application that they fill out, regardless of the type of work being applied for, should be considered null and void. So we have illegal immigrants who are living better in America than some of our own lower class citizens! That's when you know there's a humongous problem.