Why are people mad that Donald Trump wants to build a wall between US and Mexico?

I mean, he's dumb in general, but it's a great idea. Illegal immigrants couldn't pass if you built a very high, strong wall across the border. So people would know they can't make it to the US without a visa and not die trying.

0|0
9|14

Most Helpful Guy

• The massive Mexican refugee problem needs to be dealt with, but building a wall would be attacking the branches of the problem--not the root. The root of this immigration problem lies in the massive amounts of drug violence and economic instability in Mexico. The United States can deal with these problems mostly by declaring an immediate and permanent end to drug prohibition; next, America must put insurmountable pressure on the Central American and South American countries to adopt free-market economic policies.

These two measure would be far more effective than any wall could ever be.

1|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• building a wall has never improved any situation ever... anywhere...( look at the history of the berlin wall and the israeli " security fence" Its a simplistic and stupid idea from a racist man.

2|0
    1|0
  • probably because the cost of such a wall would be way too damn expensive. It's like using a atom bomb to deal with a rat problem. Excessive and foolish

0|2
    0|1
  • It's a horrible idea:
    1. It would be costy, time consuming and present countless other problems.
    2. It wouldn't work. For immigrants it would become a practical problem to pass through, over, or below the wall. Meaning that since they would have to solve it, they would.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probs cos el chapo has just escaped again and "no one" (haha) knew about a 1 mile tunnel being built under a high security prison with lighting, ladders and ventilation. Lololllolol

1|0
    0|0
  • Republicans want cheap labor for businesses, and Democrats want more people to add to the welfare state in return for votes. This is why we'll never see immigration reform.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they are mad that he wants to build a wall but rather mad about the way he worded his comments about Mexicans.

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem is you don't see him building a wall between Europe and the US. Eastern Europeans account for majority of immigration fraud in the us. They receive visas under false pretense , commit marriage fraud just to receive permanent status.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uneconomical engineering project with little benefits in return especially in terms of profit. It's a stupid idea. There are reasons why walls aren't erected around borders.. Except for Great wall of China and the wall erected by the Israelis.

0|0
    0|0
    • Great Wall of China was built a long time ago... didn't it work?

• Yes It did work at that time but anyway building a big wall in the border will have much more negative effect than positive. The real implication will about social. It would symbolize and gives a negative message not just in domestic perspective but also international. Take a look at the case of Berlin wall , it symbolized segregation. The 'Iron curtain' by the Soviets dividing East ans West.. It gives negative message and it's not beneficial in economic trading too.

• Because there are important things that they could be using our tax money for.

0|1
    1|1
    • How should USA stop illegal immigration?

• This idea of his is would surely help with the issue. But it would be a very expensive project, and right now we have MUCH more important things for our money to go to.

Would you rather the government use your money for education, protection of U. S citizens, and medical advancement... or would you rather all your money be used to make a big wall to stop criminals from being shot?

• You're right I guess...

• It's not a great idea. Take it from Berlin

1|0
    0|0
  • im not American but i hope donald trump wins 2016

1|1
    1|0
  • Liberals are mad cause they love illegal immigration

0|0
    0|0
  • thats gonna be a lot of tax dollars. very verry costly

0|1
    1|1

What Girls Said 9

• Do you think maybe he is trying to protect American jobs? Big business is getting away with all types of crap hiring illegals and any culture willing to work for peanuts to increase their profits. Comparing the Berlin wall to this is not the same. The Berlin wall was built right in the middle of a city in it's own country. It divided its own people. The comments about Mexicans were silly. We let a whole country start flooding in where does that leave us. It will be like the EU which is a disaster. Cities like London and so forth are overrun by foreigners flooding in that it is near impossible a job. Why don't we open the Canadian border next since we want to open borders up? We need to stop playing politically correct and start defending American jobs and not letting big businesses get away with crap. If anyone wants to come into this country, let them come legally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Immigrants are human beings too. Donald Trump has no conscience and should not be president.

0|1
    0|2
  • I'm not sure, I guess the idea is just insulting. I honestly feel bad for immigrants, we can't help where we're born and we were lucky to be born in a place like the US.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's honestly not the biggest issue your dumb country is facing.

1|0
    1|2
    • My country is another dumb country. It's just my opinion

• The US is a little dumber than most, you must admit. A black person is killed by police in your country every 28 hours. That's probably something y'all should take a look at, instead of people that contribute to your economy.

• they would still come with boats tho..

0|0
    0|0
    • * so it wouldn't really make that much of a difference

• I agree with this.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yeah I think that America should build that wall and I agree with everything he says. I wouldn't like the people from neighboring countries living in my country either.

0|0
    0|0
  • building a wall never worked at Berlin why would it work now? plus there are bigger issues like ISIS

0|0
    0|0
    • ISIS is an issue to the US?

• well i can see you are very sympathetic and yes if we are the most powerful country in the world we should use it

• Overall, this is just very sad. Why build a wall? Its like their trapped in a prison or something. We as Gods children should let all be free, except the loco ones.

0|0
    1|1
    • Yo soy loca con mi tigre
      Loca loca loca