I talk to myself a lot.. Is this a mental problem?

I talk to myself a lot!
I remember a conversation for example that happened In front of my crush and readjust it! I change what I said and say something else!
sometimes I talk as if I have friends who I am talking to ( not an imaginary friends) as if I have lots of friends who love me and we talk and I reply to myself in my mind. I always do that when I am free. I don't know is this a metal problem or I am feeling lonely?
i am not ok with it , I feel crazy bevaus who on earth would talk to people that aren't there?
I need your help guys.

Mental*
Because*

Most Helpful Guy

• my opinion as long as you know that you are talking to and answering yourself it's not a problem. Now, if you believe it's a different person talikning to you when you answer yourself, that might be a problem

From my perspective, it’s only a problem if you consider it to be troublesome or if it is harming you. If it is a habit that you would like to stop, then you may want to consult a therapist.

• I suffer from self-confidence due to many problems in my childhood. I act as if there is someone Infront of me and I am talking to him/her. It's not harming me but I don't know what's happening. I try to stop but I feel comfortable with it. It's killing me that I am acting that way

• get a therapist

What Guys Said 7

• As long as you know the world around you is real, and the conversations you are having are Not... you are good. Its a defense mechanism for dealing with reality - as long as you are still able to differentiate reality from (not), then no you don't have a mental problem, you figured out a way to deal with life. Wish you the best.

• Thank you!

• You bet. Keep talking to yourself:) it blocks out everything you don't want to think about. Again - wish you the best.

• What's wrong with that?

• I don't think it's crazy, I do it too and have found myself to be charming and witty!

• totally normal :) I do it

• Nah, a lot of people do it.

• Nothing wrong with that

• I have a lot of mental conversations with myself when I am trying to figure out basically anything.

What Girls Said 3

• Actually the amount of people who do the same thing would amaze you , you'll realize that you're not alone in this , so don't worry about that ;)

• Nah itself not a menta. problem. Everybody does that. It's normal. No biggies.

• I do the same!