Some black folks say Obama isn't Black enough. What do you think?

• he is black
  • he isn't black enough
  • he is a white man
I m sorry but @KAZ-2Y5 please stop being racist towards me. You have a black brother so you should know better.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say I don't care. He's the son of a white woman and an immigrant from Kenya, so he's not even descended from anyone with a traditional black American experience, and spent part of his childhood growing up overseas, but he also lived in a society that made assumptions about him based on his appearance.

He's his own man with his own unique experience.

What Guys Said 12

• Show some respect for this country's first white black American President.

• Black enough for what? He's just as white as he is black, yes he is darker complected like a black person but he is genetically 50% white and 50% black. He's a human, is that not good enough for people?

• Not for some pipe hitting bitches. No

• You know

• What, do you mean a slut? Pipe hitting in place of dick banging?

• Technically he is black because back in the "good ole racist days" if you had just one drop you're considered black

• But not black enough as his mom is white

• Hell even I have black in me because some of my cousins back in my mothers country look black xD

• Sorry to hear that

• I think someone should pull out a color chart and ask them what IS black enough, that'd show them how dumb this is.

• What about a chart to determine if he's white enough

• If people were complaining he isn't white enough then I don't see why we couldn't get the chart out again.

• And I thought it was difficult to define femininity.

• To quote the Simpsons: "Jesus died for THIS?"

• Those people are racists.

• I don't care how black he is, I just have differences in opinions than him.

• Yeah he's a fag loving anti gun liberal. I hear that.

• They mean he isn't "badass" enough to be called black. Pisses me off.

• Why because he hasn't abandoned Michelle to raise his kids while he smokes weed and chases fat white chicks?

• I smell some racism here. I didn't know skin color determined how people acted.

• Im black. Black people can't be racist

• guys, she isn't black lol

• What so now im not black enough for u!!

• What is being "black enough"? What the hell does that mean? Sounds like a bunch of horse manure made up by blacks that want to stay down and stuck in the past, talk rather than do and want to keep upwardly mobile blacks down.

What/who is "black enough"? What does that mean?

• Obama is definitely black since he can't pass for white and i have seen pictures of his dad and he was very black and while he is mixed race he is still pretty black

• Thats racist

• huh i dont assume to much

• Yes u do. Remember that trip to the bathroom when you assumed there was toilet paper, howd that work out?

What Girls Said 14

• There is no such thing as "black enough". It's called facts, Obama is bi racial, his mother is caucasion whether people like it or not. He chooses to identify as black and people see him as black as well since his fathers genes are dominat. He can say if he's black or not, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just talking about the people who think he is full black as though it's a scientific fact.

• Bi racial does thar not discribe the naacp employee who lost her job because she wad white? Is obama not half caste or miloto*

• No, that woman was white. Obama is bi-racial.

• I dont see the difference

• If he was black "enough" y'all probably wouldn't have voted him in.

• Racist much?

• Y'all are of course aware that Canada has one of the most lax immigration policies in the developed world and thus has a higher and growing population of people of colour, right? We have several Muslim and Sikh government officials.

• Good because im black that will suit me fine. Get mr some of those big ass moose burgers!

• Thats really fucking stupid

• culturally and ideologically, obama has nothing in common with the average black American. that's why

• Because of his African heritage?

• It's because he didn't have the "traditional black experience" as someone else put it. both his biological and step father grew up overseas. both of them were muslim. so there's that influence. he lived abroad for a time. that's another one. as for his mom, i don't believe she was terribly religious, unlike the average black person here in the US. that's another one too.

basically, he wasn't some church-going urban ghetto kid who was the descendant of slaves.

• I'm black, and personally do not care. The man could be green, and I don't care. Just run the country lol.

• So I was reading some of the comments and thought to myself do I even want to comment on this? since I will be having a discussion with someone who thinks black people can't be racist

• Its racist if you think black people can be racist

• Holy fuckin shit I have a black brother why the fuck would that every black person is inherently stupid? I said your stupid because you think black people can't be raciat. White people can be racist, Asian people can be racist, Mexicans can be racist. White people can be stupid, Asian people can be stupid, Mexicans can be stupid, and last but least black people CAN BE stupid. If you would like to see exhibit A of an idiot go look in the mirror.

• I don't give a shit that you flagged my comment. You and your idiocy sicken me and if your going to use the word racism at least try to use it with the correct definition

• I'm black and I never say that. What does that even mean?

• Means he leans more towards white folks and that black americans aren't his people.

• Who gives a shit? Skin color doesn't even matter.

• It doesn't matter if he's black or yellow!

• It shouldn't matter

• Saying someone isn't black enough is so fucking ignornant. Like where in the race book does it say a black man has to have the stereotype as someone from the hood. Black woman are ranked number 1 in the WORLD for graduating with degrees so let anyone who feels salty let that sink in..

• Yeah it shouldn't matter. Like that white woman who pretended to be black to get a job

• I don't know many people who've lied about the color of their skin lol

• We all tell a few white lies on our cv. Like personally "canoeing".

• He's more white than black but it really shouldn't matter.

• Seriously? He's definitely black

• But his mom is white

• Oh, kk, didn't realise that. Either way though, he looks black so I assume he had to grow up with the same stereotypes as most (if not all) other black people.

• You assume to much

• yes he is.