What is your motivation to get through the day?

So, When you are at work/school, Doing your daily bullshit routine, What gives you the motivation to keep on doing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Countdowns, thinking in circles, and singing. Like today I was basically walking around the store thinking "Woo! 3:00 o'clock! That's like... what... 15:00 in military time? That's weird. Two more hours. That's it. Then I get ice cream. Bum bum bum bummidy bum... hm... Sherry, sherry baby sherry sherry baby, sheeeeerry baby sherry baby sheeeeeri won't you come out tonight. I fucking love Frankie Valli. Valli with an I... I like Jersey Boys... Drew Seeley is an inspiration. He has an aesthetically pleasing face. Okay time to cut fabric... cutting fabriiiiiiiic. Oh shit that hurt my arm... stupid shot..." because if I keep cycling, I won't get bored and if I don't get bored I don't feel like it's my daily bullshit routine. Every day you get the choice to look at things as an ordeal or an adventure and I choose adventure every time :)

What Girls Said 11

• Well I know it sounds silly but when I have to finish homework/studying or I'm school, I think about the programs I watch on that day, I'm crazy into soaps lol. The key to motivation is getting it done so you can do something you want. If you find something you really enjoy doing have it planned to do that after work so you will be motivated to get work done for when you get home to do that fun thing

• I just don't really know anything fun i can do after work :/.

• Well thats the fun of exploring and finding out, it could be something as simple as saying hello to your pet to something like a bike ride (which may relax you) or reading, the motivation to want to get home to what know happens in the book or program next , sports are also great. You won't know until you expirement and try differen't things. You might find it pointless at first but once you find something you find very enjoyable and addictive you will feel motivation.

• Going home and watching pretty little liars... haha no but honestly probably just having fun with friends

• I enjoy every moment of the day I don't think about it as a chore so there's no motivation involved

• But, Surely there must be things that you hate doing right? What gives you the mental strength just to get through them?

• Discipline and confidence of knowing if I do it, I get the desired outcome

• Fair enough.

• I agree with Deft_maiden. That's basically my philosophy. I've wired myself to find a positive in pretty much anything. If I can't, I think about why I'm doing it and that's usually enough.

Discipline+positivity+ badass work ethic=success

• being in texas in 26 (25 in like 2 hours) days.

• I kinda slugged around most the school year having no motivation at all. Towards the end though I kept telling myself "come on just a few more days till summer. Just hang on.."

• Mhmm, I did the same thing when i was in school, Sadly no summer vacations when ya start working though :(

• What? But your so cute 🙀

• Mhmm, I did a rate me on here, Got 5/10 for my face, Which is shit but not completely shit i guess, But, My body is the part about me what is seriously shit, So, I did a rate my body on here *Not using my own body, but someone else who liked almost identical to me* and that got a 2/10 - 3/10... so yeah. I ain't even going to attempt a relationship, Not even worth my time trying :(.
      I mean, I use to be obese, And looked fucking horrific, And I've been loosing weight, And, maybe once i finish loosing weight i will look better? But, that shits still a few months away yet :(.

• Dream big by Lisa Nichols. Its a short video clip ripped from youtube

• Oooh, I've never seen it before, Whats it about?

• She was told by her teacher, she can't write and talk in public.

• Ohrite i see, Well, Fair enough to ya then matey.

• Fluffy bunnies and kittens and monster truck rallies...

• Money $& a better future

• The anticipation of seeing my boyfriend.

• my future career.

What Guys Said 8

• I often struggle on the motivation aspect. I despise having to go to college classes like multivariable caculus. I often tell myself "In 4 years you'll be happy... In 4 years you'll be happy..." It still sucks, but I force myself to do it.

• Im afraid im in a very similar boat to yourself there matey.

All the best.

• Grandparents had it harder, so I'm banned from suicide or something stupid. The common bloke doesn't deserve something overly dramatic like that.

• When in high school, my motivation, for senior yr, was that if I keep up I'll graduate and never see these assholes again. I'll get a life and show them off.

At work, it's payday.

• You don't need much motivation to lie in bed all day.

• Usually, I don't need motivation. Sometimes the thought of the kettle or the coffee machine when the current task is completed keeps me going.

• x more hours till sleep

• My next drink.

• I tell myself that keeping my nose to the grindstone builds mental toughness that will be useful later.