Your opinion of the Nazi chic fashion trend in Asia?

• It's fine. I wanna wear it.
  • It's fine but I wouldn't wear it.
  • It's wrong but people can wear what they want.
  • It's wrong to wear it.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a European, I find this extremely offensive (I'm not saying other people such as Americans wouldn't find it offensive but I think to us this is even much closer). It makes me think of two stories, one by my mom and one I experienced myself. My mom told me that when she was very young (early 20s) she went on a big road trip through the USA with the Greyhound bus. One day she was sitting on one of those busses with her best friend when right next to her, across the aisle, two guys were making a lot of stupid jokes about world war two and impersonating Hitler and the Nazis. My mom could also see that right in front of the two guys, an old woman was sitting and making a very hurt face. At one point, when the two guys were laughing especially loud again, the old woman finally turned around slowly, looked the two guys right in the eye and said with a trembling voice and in a strong, German accent "Listen you two: I have been imprisoned in the concentration camp Dachau for 4 years and I lost both my children and the big love of my life there. It's not something funny." As my mom told me, the guys just looked at the old woman completely baffled and speechless and they remained completely silent for the rest of the ride.
    The story I experienced myself also happened to take place in America. When I was a teenager, I lived in the US as an exchange student for a year. At my high school was a guy who constantly tried to act cool but was in fact a very annoying and primitive kid. Besides me, there were two other exchange students, one of which was a German girl. One day, during lunch break, this stupid guy came to lunch in a homemade Nazi-uniform and thought it funny to mock the German exchange student girl, calling her "Hitler's granddaughter" and stuff like that. Instead of getting angry however, the girl started crying a lot and suddenly there was a big crowed of students rushing to her to comfort her and teachers pulling away this idiot. It later turned out that the German girl didn't just cry because she was offended in general but because her grandparents - contrary to what this stupid guy believed - hadn't been Nazis but they had actually been imprisoned and tortured by the Nazis and her grandpa had even been killed.
    So to put it with the words of that old lady: it's not something funny. It makes me very angry when I see these girls wearing those uniforms and swastikas. If they had experienced the cultural aftermath of the holocaust, they wouldn't do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It shows their lack of education about WWII and what little tact they have. I don't find nazi-anything "fashionable" but if someone wants to do it, go ahead, see how far it gets them. After they're done with this trend why not come up with an Auschewitz victim trend just to balance it out?

I personally dislike a lot of these dumb trends including this one, the don't judge me shit, anything tending these days is so childishly bad.

What Guys Said 18

• From the images of hitler he kind of looks like a joke on those tshirts like nobody takes him seriously.

Also the swastika symbol means something TOTALLY different in Asia than it does in the west. It was originally a religious symbol but the nazi party took it and angled it a bit to be a symbol of hatred. Kind of like the KKK using the burning Christian cross as a symbol for hate. BUT the odd thing is that they are using the nazi uniforms as a fashion trend..

fareastfling.files.wordpress.com/.../...y_avix.jpg

The people using the symbol may not even know it could be taken that way. I doubt Asians would be glorifying a symbol for white power and the extermination of Jews if they were aware of it.

• I get the difference. You can clearly see they are using the nazi symbol, not the swastika with the dots. On one point, you're right. They mostly wear it for fashion reasons.

• I don't see how anyone could be ignorant of the context here. Of course, this is speaking as someone who grew up in a western country, but I find it hard to believe that even in Asian countries they could be unaware of the holocaust and what it meant. But then, maybe my perspective is just skewed by how I grew up in a place where it would be insane to not have heard of all that.

• We could remind them about the Manchurian victims, about Hiroshima and Nagasaki and about the incarceration of thousands of innocent Asians by Roosevelt.

• I laughed at the hitter Ronald McDonald 😂

it's definitely odd and in poor taste but I'm not easily offended so I don't care :/

• I think it's awfully stupid, but at the same time they should be allowed to wear it if they want.

But yeah, incredibly stupid...

• Its pretty funny honestly

• Try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have a very specific context to what they're doing.

• They just think it's cute and chic.

• There is something fucking wrong with these people. They should be stripped down to their underwear and forced to change

• I wasn't even aware of it. I'm just wondering what the interest is in it.

• What the... ? Is this real? ...

• I had no idea this existed but it's all sorts of fucked up.

• Hahaha, what is this? They have no idea the message this conveys.

• Doesn't mean anything.

• It is not right to wear it, the Nazis killed millions of people!

• Ha... that's funny... you know what would be even funnier? If the US citizens started a trend where we do reenactments of us bombing Hiroshima.

In case you didn't realize, I was being sarcastic above, but you get my point? That's pretty disrespectful and wrong.

• bad taste chinese people

• Asians are strange

• They're stupid as fuck. If they would research history, Hitler wouldn't have any compassion for them

• As Jew I see the funny side, but I'm highly offended by it.

Just like we shouldn't take the Prophet Muhammed's name in shame, we shouldn't be glorifying or parodying Adolf Hitler...

• why jews always offended by everything

• Why do blacks always get offended by everything, why do gays always get offended by everything... Go be ignorant somewhere else.

• Ah, yeah, feminazi to its finest

• Notice the sarcasm by the way

What Girls Said 15

• Well the nazis were dressed by hugo boss, so...

Seriously though what the hell? I get the uniforms have good and flattering forms, especially for men.
    But if you'd just take off the swastika it'd be exactly the same just 1000 times less offensive. It's illegal in some countries to wear a swastika. And the t shirts, I don't know what to say
    I obviously don't understand what they're saying in the commercial but using war to advertise fashion or cosmetics is just gross. It trivializes war in a sad way

Asians are weird man, whenever you see something that is completely bizarre it comes from an Asian country

• oh and for what it's worth, I'm sure Hitler is rolling in his grave seeing this.

Still it's wrong on so many levels. Remember the shit prince harry got for wearing a nazi Halloween costume? And rightfully so

• I think it's beautiful to look posh, however! wearing things with those symbols on them are a no-no I'm my book. Especially looking at that aweful man, that need not be mentioned by name, in an admirable way! Shame shame! Look at her arm. That is something I don't agree with. I will never salute someone who killed many in such an inhumane fashion!!! There's a hideous past attached to those symbols. But the posh style without them is very eloquent

• I personally think the Asian fashion trends are fucking stupid. Don't care how that sounds, I think they are childish and stupid. They dress like weird school girl dolls and call it Lolita, yet apparently has nothing to do with fucking kids like the book Lolita (riiiiiiight, because Asia doesn't have a thing for girls who look real young getting penetrated by huge tentacle things) and now they are walking around like this? I know - lets get some pretend melted skin and dress our kids like napalmed Asian children, that's a real cool idea! See how they like genocide trivialising.

Fucking ignorant is what it is.

• Well the tentacle thing started in Japan because it used to be illegal to draw penetration and human genitalia in Japanese comics (I think it still is to some extent). Comic artists created the tentacle theme to only be evasive about the law. They were against the prudishness of the government. The original reason of it is way different to how people perceive it today.

• @redthread I understand that meanings are getting lost and that things are not intended to offend, things evolve past their original creation but I just think you have to be a right prick to wear Nazi uniforms as fashion. I still believe that people have a right to dress however they like though. It's up to them.

• Right I agree with you.

• I wasn't aware of this. I think it's stupid and there's nothing fun on it.
    A lot of people had died because of Hitler's ideas and they wear this like it's something good or funny.
    I find it very offensive.

• You'd need to be pretty ignorant to glorify one of the most evil regimes in history

• I thought Asian people were smarter than that! The Nazi movement was disgusting. Why would someone want to emulate it? I have German heritage, American born and this nazi stuff turns my stomach. It's disgraceful. As I understand, this time in history is regretful to the Germans, a great nightmare.

• i don't even think they get the meaning behind the symbol. they're just after something kawaii (cute).

• What's your opinion on Native American headdresses worn by white women for fashion?

• It's kind of the same thing. Headresses are worn for religious ceremonies. They probably don't know that. To people it looks cute/chic so they make it for fashion. I don't think they intend on offending anybody.

• Isn't it always better to be ignorant? If ignorance means no intend to offend, people shouldn't be offended at their fashion choice?

• wasn't aware of that weird trend but i'll never wear these

• I think it's hilariously ironic...

And no, I wouldn't wear it.

• I thought that this would be more of a japanese thing since of cosplay (costumes basically) and some amines have Nazis in it. I do find it wrong though, yet im not surpised since some east Asians are closed off the world and get their information off of the media and think things like "All black people are from Africa" or "Only white people live in the U. S (and are originally from there) and believe in sterotypes.

• Im not sure how legit this actually is, but if it's totally true, I think it's pretty despicable. Im all for mocking hitler and the nazi regime, but celebrating it like that is absolutely disgusting.

• Verbal diarrhea... The Chinese from. china are strange.

• This is not just a thing in China, but of course, to someone like you they all must be Chinese.

• That's actually a thing?

• So dumb! Are they really that stupid?

• thats just not right...