Should I buy this car for $250 it has engine problems?

Should I need some advice I don't much about car 🚗

Most Helpful Guy

• any car for $250 has more than just engine problems lol!

• Thanks I want buy it

• @TheGrumpyCat anyone who considers spending $250 on a car is either from the 1920's or has no knowledge of automobiles lol

• Yeah, exactly xD.

A person should troll after doing a little research xD. $250 AND then a Ponitac 1997 xD.

Asker is amazing, i can bet she doesn't even know what driving license is!

What Guys Said 12

• No. The engine is most complicated and most expensive component on any car. Since the price is so low I have to assume this car has a blown engine that would need a replacement. The cost of a good used engine and labour to replace it could well exceed the value of the car if it had a good engine.

• Just be prepared to pay thousands to get that engine fixed unless you or someone you know can fix it for free/cheap.

• I wouldn't buy it unless you have someone experienced with fixing cars to take a look at it to see if it's worth buying. If you can't have someone experienced go look at it, than take someone else and have them pretend like their experienced and try and get the price knocked down to $100, and after buying it you find out it's gonna take a lot to fix it than you can sell it for junk and break even or possibly make a few extra bucks.

• Are you really serious about asking for an opinion? I highly doubt it.

$250.

Nice trolling

static.planetminecraft.com/.../..._lrg_5739778.jpg

• If you are unable to do the work on the engine I wouldn't buy it. It'll probably cost you much much more in the long run.

• You will waste your $250 cause the engine will break down the next day. Dont do it!!!

Buy something that is $5000 if you can. I still say dont do it. They cost to fix the engine might be more than $250 depending on the problem

• I wouldn't do it unless you know the car can be fixed...

• My cousin trusted some guy with car parts and he didn't fix her car
      she loss the car plus $850.00 she paid for the second hand car
      which should of never been sold ,,

• Thanks I want buy it ill just keep looking for a 🚗

• Your welcome :) I know my cousin what happened she loss
      all of her graduation money buying that car and plus loss car
      i hope you find what your looking for and hit it lucky :)

• do you know anything about engines? if not then walk smartly away as it could cost a lot to fix

• No not really

• I build race engines and unless you know what is wrong and how to fix it you are completely in someone elses hands and the bill can run up very quickly

• What are you buying a AMC Pacer?

• No! That 250 will turn into 1500

• Its rather harder to find a car without many problems for only $250 the biggest thing you need to know is if the engine is seized. To find out make sure the car turns over when you try to start it. You should be able to tell by a clicking sound. If it doesn't click its most likely seized. However it could be a very simple fix as well so just make sure you know someone who can help ya out just incase.

• No cuz it'll cost much more than $250 to get it fixed. Engine problems are the kiss of death for a car.

What Girls Said 9

• You pay for what you get

The car will be useless and you will have to spend a ton just to get it repaired

• If they're selling it that low and they admit it has engine problems I doubt it would even be drivable or repairable. Maybe but it if you want the parts

• No... save up some more money and buy a car with a good engine even if it has a not so attractive body. It is going to cost more on repairs and maintenance and most likely won't pass a smog and you won't be able to get it registered. You'll find a good car just be patient, and avoid "deals" because they're masked headaches.

• Obviously not - if the engine fails or doesn't work properly the car is basically useless. You could still buy it and put in in your garden as a decoration or something tho 😅

• Chances are if they are selling it for $250 then it will need a LOT of work. I bought a car for $1500 and ended up spending around $3000 total for the car + the repairs that it needed. I would suggest you have a mechanic check it out so they can inform you of everything that is wrong with it.

• Ik its not now I'm not buying it or considering it

• You'd do best to just get a car loan and buy something around $5000 or over. Always have a mechanic look at it first though, since used car dealers are only looking to sell the car ASAP, they won't inform you of everything.

• What kind of engine issues? It's likely that fixing it will be way more than getting a more reliable car

• Don't do it. Engine problems to fixed by a mechanic will rack up to a thousand dollars to fix.

• don't do it. it would cost more to get the engine fixed than the car itself

• No, don't do it. You'll probably end up paying more on repairing it then you do on the car.