Mothers, do/did you enjoy breastfeeding?

When I have my baby I plan to nurse it, but I've heard some mothers say that breastfeeding is wonderful and relaxing while others say it is painful. What was your experience like?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoyed it. It's easy (no bottles and nipples to wash) it's cheap (no formula to buy) it's convenient (your boobs go wherever you go) and it makes you feel close to your baby. Plus it boosts the baby's immune system.
    For me it was the easiest thing in the world. I thought I wouldn't be able to produce much milk because I have tiny boobs. But it turns out, I'm a milk-maid, haha. I didn't have any problems with producing, so I nursed my baby all through his first year. It was a little painful at first, because it gives you contractions. But it gets better with time. You get used to it pretty fast and it becomes second nature to you. I will breastfeed all my kids, for sure.

What Girls Said 13

• Doubt it.
    The nipples go to hell - since the baby is sometimes biting on them - even with just the gums - the jaw muscles are the strongest muscles in the human body...

But the release of the milk provides easement to the mother - so I guess that's a plus...

• it is a gift you must give as a mother i believe, i did. its too good for the baby and all the immunity, and even lowering the risk of future diseases like heart disease its just something you should do if you are capable of doing it. Read up on it online, i had some latching problems at first but overall it was easy, and my breasts look like they did before i ever breasts fed.

www.babycenter.com/...ts-you-and-your-baby_8910.bc

• VERY painful... especially when you don't feed on time and your breasts get engorged. Being engorged is like a sharp, intense, throbbing sensation and your boobs get hot and hard... It's tough and you have to feed consistently or pump, otherwise you'll get engorged and quickly but it's also rewarding to know that you can nourish your child and have a special bond. Your baby will probably bite the shit out of you too, and some women get bad scars after... (some babies have teeth) so you can imagine... but that's great that you're willing to do that, lots of moms opt for the easier formula-feeding method so kudos.

• all babies Are different and depends on how they are positioned or what ever. It's hard to explain and it's legit been years for me to explain it better but either way it's great for the baby and helps you shed that baby weight off faster. So win win but it's a ton of work and time consuming I couldn't keep up wish I did but lots of work.

• Not really no. While it is a good bonding experience with baby, I found it too time consuming and my babies were never full from my milk. Formula was the way to go for me and bottles are so much easier. You are less restricted and anyone can help out and feed your baby when it is bottle fed.

• Honestly, I was glad to breast feed but I only made it six weeks. My son had a difficult time latching on and I often had to pump and bottle feed him. This caused my milk supply to dry up quickly. I liked the bond I felt and how it relieved pressure that would build in my breast but I disinterested find it painful as much as tiring. My son often fell asleep while feeding so it was like ever three hours for about twenty minutes.

• PAINFUL- blood was shooting out of my nipples mixed with the milk so the color would be all creamy and pink and my baby would drink it. I would never in a million years wish breastfeeding to any individual- NOT EVEN MY ENEMIES. No one deserves to go through what I went through.

• I heard it makes your nipples crusty and dry? Does it?

• It kind of depends on the baby. My mom said I used to chew on hers pretty freaking hard which was painful, but my other 3 siblings weren't bad.

• some people enjoy it and some don't. with my first child she never latched on so I ended up pumping. My second child latched on and it was a pleasant experience

• I am breastfeeding now and i like it. I can say the beginning was a challenge since it was different but knowing my little boy is getting the best outcome possiable is worth it. I pump also to storage milk for when I go back to work and for my husband/his father can give him a bottle. I can feel the bond from breastfeeding that I am creating with my little one. Also its cost less and I do not have to worry about making amd packing bottles.

• Not during the first year. I have insufficient glandular tissue so I was not able to produce much milk. My Lactation consultant and midwife told me to pump every 2 hours. This meant 7-8 pumping sessions a day. It drove into depression and I gained 80 lbs. I've had two kids so it has happened every time. My husband got a vasectomy but in case I got prego again, I'd use formula and try to find breast milk donations, like I've done with my kids. It's not worth going through all that trouble if I'm not going to enjoy my child and him, I. But if you don't have e these problems then you should be fine.

I have to admit. After they turned one, I stopped pumping and now we just comfort nurse and that's an awesome bond.

• i didn't like it.