Guys, How would you feel if your son was gay?

I wouldn't care as long as he is happy. :)

25

Most Helpful Guy

• So long as he is happy and treated with respect by his boyfriend... doesn't bother me.
    rather see him happy with a guy
    than sad with a girl

What Guys Said 24

• I'm not going to sit here and play the PC role and pretend I am something I am not. I would be devastated and highly disappointed. However, I would act in my role as a Father and protect/be there for my child to hopefully help them live the best life they can live.

• Good for him. Happy that he's happy.

Though if he was my only son, I'd probably go about making another one just because I'd like to have some grandchildren.

• You might as well ask "How would you feel if your son was left-handed?"

It'd be irrelevant to how I feel about him.

• let me start off by saying i have nothing against homosexuality. it doesn't hurt anyone and people can do as they please.

there are a few cases of kids being born gay. it happens. however for the majority of them, i believe it is a result of events that happened in their lives. it is essentially a mental illness. i know that sounds a lot harsher than it is but that's only because people don't understand the term "mentally ill". (if that offended you, go consult a dictionary).

i would be fully supportive of my kid. i mean, at that point in time, it is already decided, there's no changing back, so there's absolutely no point in opposing it. however, i would definitely feel that i have failed as a parent.

• Im not going against your opinion thats a good opinion but I would you feel like a bad parent? You want your kid to be himself so he's being himself. :)

• like i said i believe that homosexuality is a result of events in a kid's life and if my kid turns out to be gay then i as a parent have not given them the right environment to live in. as a parent i am responsible for what happens to my child

• I would leave him and never talk to him

• So, I'm pretty traditionalist, but this is a messed up answer.

Even those of us who would rather have straight kids, I think most of us would agree this is a horrible answer.

• I will take him to the phyciatrist

• The only bothersome thing is the idea of him not passing on my genes to make grandchildren.

But that's a minor thing. I would still love him regardless.

• What my dad said "If you ever turn gay, I'll break your f*cking legs..."

I wouldn't really bother me, as long as they adopt, or i had another kid to have babies.

... I want grandchildren

• Like Icona Pop said:
    "I don't care, I love him!" (yeah, I changed "it" for "him" xD).

• I would think he was joking.

• As long as he takes care of my ass like I took care of him. I don't care who he is into, just as long as I don't get put into a old folks home like some rotten piece of meat.

• Honestly, I'd be a little upset but I'd love him nevertheless.

• I'd be like dayuuuum girl you geeeet some. lol nah i wouldn't give a fuck. though i imagine at his wedding it would be a little awkward for me.

• No lie I'd be disappointed, but I suppose I'd get over it eventually.

• I don't plan to have any kids. Even if I did plan to have them, I wouldn't care about their sexual orientation. I'm pansexual myself, so I'd be a hypocrite if I thought of them differently.

• I'd be proud that he was willing to tell me when from this comment section it's clear that many potential dads are shit cunts.

• I'd be all like: I have no son, because I literally have no son.

• I wouldn't mind

• I never liked gays before but hell screw it. I figure I'd let it go for him because he's my son. I'll be glad he's happy. I'm probably gonna go out my way to make another son because I want me some grandchildren

• If I had a son it would be okay with me. I can't force him to be something he is not and he would always still be my son.

• It wouldn't change how I feel about him.

• Same with me. I wouldn't care either as long as he/she is happy and in love with whoever they want.

• I'd buy him a dildo.

• still better than having daughter regularly pounded bare by chads.