Girls, How long did it take you all to actually start enjoying sex? How long until you were fully comfortable in the act?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Long story.
    My first time was with my ex. Sex itself was decent, though incredibly awkward. I got cheated on by him about a week later so obviously that was the end of him. I next had sex ~2 years later with my current boyfriend. That was comfortable the first time, and after that every time became more and more enjoyable. 100% comfortable, all weird sounds, angles, positions, accidental elbows in the face included. :P

What Girls Said 19

• I unfortunately had a really sketchy start to my sex life... when I was 17 I was raped while I was passed out drunk and it took me a few years before I began thinking of it as rape, rather than my own stupid mistake... and that took a real toll on my perception of sex and my own sexuality. Immediately following what happened, I felt like a disgusting whore and two weeks later I willingly had sex with the guy who had done it to me. I guess in my head it was like I was taking control over what happened and making it consensual? (I will never fully understand). And then after that I felt even more disgusting and so, figuring I'm already a disgusting used up whore, I went and fucked two more guys that summer that I certainly wouldn't have had I had any respect for myself.

Then I went off to college and went on he depo provera shot, which didn't work well with my body and ended up making me have spotting the entire 8 months I was in college. In hindsight, as much as it sucked, I am actually thankful that happened because I was still in a very bad place with my sexuality and I probably would have really taken a toll on myself sexually that first year away from home.

I didn't have sex with anyone for a few years after that first summer after I was raped. And then when I was 21 I met a guy who I will call Sean. He was the first guy I had dated or had any sort of fling with that made me feel truly beautiful and valued. He made me feel safe. After seeing him for a couple of weeks we had sex and it was the first time it had ever felt right, though I was still very uncomfortable with my sexuality. He was very patient and very caring and helped me learn to enjoy sex and love my body.

Since then I went through some ups and downs but have generally felt in control of my sexuality.

• It took me about 4 months into my relationship to enjoy the whole thing, but it only took me a month to enjoy penetration (though it didn't make me orgasm until later). We waited a good while before doing it, and all I cared about was satisfying him. I was too shy and ashamed to ask for what I wanted. But I did some soul searching, and he was super open, and we began trying things that made it great for me.

• It took me about six or seven tries with my boyfriend. I actually had a few glasses of wine and relaxed and had confidence to pretend I knew what I was doing and I just basically used him like a human vibrator lol. He said it was amazing and from then on I learned you only enjoy it as much as the effort you put into it.

• It took about 3 times for total comfort. But it was still really good even the first time. Wed been doing sexual things for so long that it didn't take much to fully stretch out far enough. Just take it slow, and verbally say what you need.

• I didn't start enjoying sex till like last year. But I'm sure it's bit about me but the guys I've been with before my current boyfriend. There are so many things I didn't know my body could do until I started having sex with my current boyfriend and it just excites me. I guess he's more experience than my last ones but then again it could be my body maturing. I'm really not sure.

• i hate to say this but several months and i still have my off days

• I didn't really enjoy sex until about a year and 1/2 after I lost my virginity.

• 3rd or 4th time, can't really remember.

• Day one I loved it lol

• The first time.

• it took several years and it still depends on the boy

• My first times were pretty spread out, but once I was having regular sex, it didn't take long at all. Like just a few times consecutively then it was fine. It still hurts every once in a while in certain positions though, for some weird reason.

• It took several times for it to actually feel good and for me to like it.

• By my second time I was fairly comfortable and every time I get a little better

• Only the first two times was uncomfortable/hurt. It was totally fine after

• I enjoyed it from the very first time.

• Each new partner is a new experience. It took me a while to get comfortable with my first boyfriend. But my second, I wasn't in any discomfort.

• First time. Why do you ask?

• I probably enjoyed sex in the womb, tbh.