Do Americans suffer from poor reading comprehension and analytical skills?

Do American suffer from poor reading comprehension and analytical skills?

If this website is any indication, I believe so. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly it seems yes, most do...

What Guys Said 12

• No I don't. I didn't realize that this site was a educational learning experience where we needed to write proper and give mind-blowing complex answers. I come on here for fun and relax.

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../o-middle-finger-fu.jpg

• Using proper grammar isn't difficult or time consuming for those who know how.

• Well America is starting to fall behind in science and mathematics but I think our reading and language comprehension is still sort of up there.

• Can somebody read OP's question to me?

• Yes. There's a growing cultural rejection of intellectualism and education in this country that's really depressing.

• Lol You are talking about a website where half the questions are guys attempting to get attention from women by humble-bragging about their made up penis size.

If you generalize Americans based on this site of all things you must be a moron. If not there is no way you were actually asking a genuine question here, more like making a point by asking the question. How cute.

• um you know this is an international website used by people of numerous countries right?

• Ill hve you kno that I read real good 😌

• Yeah I'm to busy being American to learn how to read you're logic

• I always just hope that people on this site are the outliers hahaha

• I LIKE WAFFLES!!!

• No, but we sure do get bored quickly...

• No but honestly I've been in the Us for one year in highschool and most of my classmates couldn't read well. No hate. Just what I observed. How are they letting people in the 12th grade who can't read. This site doesn't only have Americans though

What Girls Said 7

• this site isn't just for americans and it's probably not the best place to judge academic ability as many post casual responses

• I would answer you, but I'm illiterate.

• Sorry we didn't realize us Americans had to get on here to impress foreigners with how well we can type shit out. If we'd been properly informed I'm sure we could have told you to fuck off in advance.

• No more so than any other group of people. Some people do a better job than others and some people do a worse job.

• Ha! No. But... The Southern states in America have poor test scores and lower standards (not trying to rip on the south, but it's just a fact). Anyway, the Internet is full of slang, and overall, not the best place for an indication of true "skills", let alone for a whole country. So, please, just keep that in mind next time you make inferences.

• I wonder at your own analytical skills if you're using this site as your basis for drawing such conclusions.

• No. Maybe certain people in the U. S. do but to generalize an entire nation based on some people on a website is extremely ignorant. All countries has people with high intelligence and low intelligence, so if we're using the argument you are essentially every nation could be said to "suffer from poor reading comprehension and analytical skills." Generalizations come from a place of ignorance.