No Ants or Cockroaches Up North?

I met some New Yorkers who said there were no ants or cockroaches there, that when they came down south is where they first even seen them. Is this true?

Most Helpful Guy

• My former neighbor is from New York and she never says anything about have that trouble i know in Pennsylvania we were suppose to get Stink Bugs back but they haven't came back so i guess they must of moved on, i know one year we all had them so bad we had to spray around our doors and windows to keep them away,

• Ewwwwww that's creepy Lol i can't stand them things

• Yeah they use to make me so upset i would sweat over them
      but we don't seem to have many roaches up this way course
      it is very damp climate, humid climate so we sometimes have
      the imaginable insects

What Guys Said 3

• lol in that rat hole city thats so not true

• No it is totally false. When I worked in Queens in NYC in the summer of 1984, the cockroaches were so big, they were like pets and I gave the names. Ants are everywhere too.

• Ewww ewww... i wonder what part of NY the people i talked to were from... they must've nvr paid any attention to their surroundings... obviously

• Have they been under a rock? Even if they did they'd still find a cockroach...

What Girls Said 3

• Lol I laughed my ass off at this. They're trolling you. For every tourist in NY there's 100 cockroaches, think of it like that. It's true though, that I haven't seen many ants but that might be because its mostly cement and stuff so ants just don't build their colonies near the city. Maybe out in the suburbs and upstate. The tradeoff for ants are rats though. LOL. So, dunno how much better that is.

• That was a lie of a lifetime. They must've not been in the city or road the subway. Philly is the worst with their cockroaches only bc their roaches are so brave that they come out and try to hang out with you in the living room. Like and they're everywhere bc they're everywhere whether your home is emaculately clean or trife life dirty.

• Maybe they meant by they've never seen them as big as they can get down south. I saw a flying roach thing and it was so huge I could hear it scrape across the floor and could see the eyes on it. That's the first I've seen those and it wasn't a movie.

• That's probably what they meant... and yeah them flying cockroaches scare the heck out of me Lol

• I only saw ants twice I think.
    So, yeah. It is kind of true for the ants but i have seen cockroaches too.

• Eww... i can't stand them things.
      Thanks for clarifying this for me