How to stop being so negative?

I'm constantly thinking every situation is negative and that I'm inadequate.

I realize im over exaggerating and sensitive when these feelings occur but I can't seem to stop feeling so anxious.

It has gotten worse over the last while. Any helpful hints on how to stay calm, de-stress and just overcome those unnecessary feelings.

It's affecting all aspects of my life though it's affecting my relationship with my boyfriend worst of all.

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex has the same problem. The important thing is that as soon as you start to think of the worst, you have to remind yourself of the good that has come out of things before and potentially the good that can come after. I guess a better way to say things is to keep your mind open to every possibility, not just the negative ones. If he tells you that you're pretty every single day and then one day you find out that he finds another girl pretty, it's important to keep your mind clear enough that he DOES still find YOU pretty. Even if he finds someone else prettier, he still finds you pretty and those feelings have never changed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you thought about consulting your doctor or a therapist?

What Guys Said 4

• Well, I got sent to a psychiatric hospital for having no control over this, and I find the best medicine to be finding people who understand and have similar issues as you. Ones who are willing to listen AND give input on things.

• I just had to turn it all over to Jesus and quit worrying about it.

• By not caring about the little things...
    You ruin your whole day by stressing out over nothing... People who stress out easily and think negative have a weaker immune system, so I heard and get sick easier.
    It is confirmed by mom

• aren't you grown up enough to know thist? or you aren't 24?

• I don't think you understand the question or the fact that age has nothing to do with feelings of inadequacy.

• yh it does you are 24 you should know this hun

What Girls Said 0