Can you listen to music with vulgar language "bad words" around your parents?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really listen to that kind of music... if they swear it it well placed with real meaning in my music for the most part. If I did though, I don't think I would want to listen to it in front of my parents... I have the mouth of a sailor but I never swear in front of my parents.

• the funny thing is, I really doubt they would care!

Most Helpful Girl

• If it is an English song then yes.. 😂 I guess if they knew what the song is actually about, they would say something.
    Last summer when we were in the car, my sister was listening to that Wiggle Wiggle song by Jason Derulo which goes like "You know what to do with that big fat butt? Wiggle wiggle wiggle.." and I was just sitting there, thinking to myself "Oh, if only they knew..."😬

What Guys Said 5

• Lol, I listen to snoop dogg around my mum and she tells me how much she listened to it when she was my age

• Yes but my mum wouldn't be impressed

• My dad yes, but my mom no.

• They don't like it but I still do it anyways lol

• My dad and I listen to Frank Zappa and Tom Waits together (among others, but I'm thinking of ones who swear). My mom is hard-line East Coast liberal, so she believes in strict control over, well, just about anything, so I don't listen to it around her.

What Girls Said 5

• If a song with a lot of vulgar language comes on when I'm in the car with one or both of my parents (especially my dad), I'll probably change it. Even if it's a catchy song, I can't stand the awkwardness o. o haha.

I remember when Rihanna's "S&M" song was really popular and my mom would love it and get really into it until the chorus ("Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it / Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me") came on and would instantly be like, "This is AWFUL!"

• When I was younger I felt uncomfortable with it. Now I don't care :/

• Well
    It happens. But it's not a song that has many swear words in it. Usually it's like one word in the whole song, and that one is then sometimes also censored
    like for example: B. o. B - Airplanes ft. Hayley Williams of Paramore
    I think he swears in it once

• I dont listen to those kind of music but if I did, my parents would tell me to turn it off. :p

I think they do that to my brothers.

• I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW VULGAR A SONG COULD BE UNTIL I HEAR THAT WITH MY PARENTS...