What do you think of the #DontJudgeChallenge?

"Don’t Judge Challenge (#DontJudgeChallenge) is a selfie video fad in which the participant records oneself at a close-up angle while wearing heavy facial makeup to appear as unattractive as possible, before transitioning into another self-portrait in which the subject is shown in their most photogenic form."

It recently skyrocketed in popularity in late June and early July. It sparked controversy because people believed that it was mocking people who are less attractive and promoted beauty by putting on lots of makeup.

What do you think about it?

• I like it.
  • I am neutral about it.
  • I hate it.
  • I don't know what to think.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Maaaam, it didn't work!" haha the one guy I approve of lol.

But seriously, fuck everyone who participated in this "challenge". Except the third one, he was funny.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• It's kind of retarded. It would make more sense if ugly people could put on enough makeup to make them look attractive, but then when they took it off they were ugly again.

That would've been a lot more disheartening and interesting.

This doesn't even make sense. People don't judge makeup because it makes people look ugly, people judge it because it makes people look better... what the fuck are these people trying to say.

• never heard of it but holy shit that girl with the black hair, she chose the perfect part of a song to breakdown when she went hot. all that bass. a nice touch.

• I think it's a stupid adolescent thing like most of these"challenges", just an excuse to get noticed or show how beautiful/handsome they are, and what is up with the hair, did the pompadour suddenly make a comeback lol?

Also anyone else a bit unnerved that a beauty challenge actually contained more guys then women?

• I think it is self defeating -
    (1) I am ugly not worth a crap
    (2) But wait I am really beautiful underneath ERGO only beautiful people can be happy.

• Not sure what 'photogenic' means so i stay out of this one lol, all im gonna leave with is saying i don't like a lady wearing make up at all and like to see a lady in her all natural state all the time but that's very hard to find these days which is why i'm single and will most likely stay this way which i'm fine with either way 😊

• It looks like a excuse to do out in public looking raggedy. So went people judge your you can say don't judge challenge.

• I had no idea that this and my repose to it can be best summed up with a shrug of my shoulders.

• Just another stupid thing on the internet.

• what a bunch of twats

• It's fucking annoying

• I think it's just something they do to entertain themselves. there is no true meaning behind it.

• most women wear far too much make up, many dont need make up. most look better without make up

What Girls Said 8

• Essentially they are showing gorgeous people and not anyone who is average or less which is stupid. Those beautiful people don't get judged so why bother? Not to mention all the girls are caked in make up

• Wth? It seems like they're mocking people who have acne problems or any other facial imperfections..

Video is so ridiculous. I didn't even watch the whole video cause it's so stupid, lol. Voted C, I hate it

• I don't know about the challenge itself but,
    When people do shit like that, its like... nahhh you dont look like that 6am in the morning. All that make up and shit, not saying they would not be beautiful, but its like theyre saying, "Without it, Im ugly and I dont have any confidence to show my face without it." And omgg they deck themselves out SO Much. Some of them at least.

• It's really annoying really, cause most of the people who do it are actually really good looking and they know they are, plus they pack on a lot of makeup in the "attractive" looking shot haha but its sometimes entertaining to watch except it covers my whole newsfeed on facebook :( hahaha

• I know right? I think it's just really mean. It's on my Facebook wall too ugh. Lol

• I think it's somewhat pointless. It's practically making fun of people with acne and all that jazz, but I could see it as just being something fun or amusing.

2:55 was the best!

• I hate it. It's making fun of people who are not conventionally attractive at all especially wearing "ugliness" as a mask lke that... ughhh

• I find that YouTube clip quite stupid actually 😐

• Is this really real? I noticed that one of the girls hands seemed to change palm skintones as it was over the camera. I feel they're just switching out two different people.