Guys, would you be okay with your wife making more money than you?

After I finish med school, I'll make between $300,000-$500,000 a year. Probably somewhere in the middle, depending on what I decide to do. I'll make more than ny husband, who does not have a college degree and currently does lawn care and other little jobs. He doesn't seem to care that I'll make more money, but would you guys care? Would it bother you if you didn't make the most money in the house or would you like a woman like that?

Would you quit your job to stay at home and take care of kids?
We're sneaking off and getting married somewhere like Jamaica. Nice and private lmao

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah as long as i can be a stay at home dad and raise my kids!!! :)

I sound a lot like your husband lol!! i do the same things odd jobs and garden :/

• The world needs more people like you.

• No problem! You sound like a great guy. You remind me of my fiance lol

• Hopefully i will find a girlfriend that reminds me of you! lol!
      good luck!
      i hope you wedding is fantastic and med school goes well!

What Guys Said 19

• I've never understood those guys who get bothered by this. Dude, the more money, the better, plus, you should be happy that your wife is being successful.
    Anyways, it's clear that I wouldn't care, I would be happy for her success and happy for the family's economy. The plus side to her earning more money is that I'll have to be the one to stay at home raising the kid/s ;P

• I would want what was best for my family if I did not earn much money and my wife made the kind of money you are talking about then there is no real question about it I will stay at home look after the kids, cook dinner every night and clean the house so she can focus on her career. If I have a wife putting that much effort into our marriage to contribute finically to the family she deserves the luxury of not having to worry about the kids getting to school or what is for dinner and she deserves to relax when she gets home.

• I'd be fine with it. Only insecure guys would care at all.

• As long as she doesn't hold me in contempt for making less money... hallelujah! That kind of woman is worth three times her body weight in gold, especially today. It would bring some sorely needed security to the position of husband, which would otherwise be as suicidally dangerous as Russian roulette these days. If women must be given unfair advantages, by all means let's encourage our wives to turn them to beneficial use. If you're comfortable with assuming the responsibilities that go with the privileges, I say more power to you.

• "Yeah as long as i can be a stay at home dad and raise my kids!!!" - @PiuBelloAmante #Agreed LOL

• Haha! That would be a dream for me, i would make furniture for the house! finish writing a novel, raise my son and daughter to be little warriors, cook all day!

• @PiuBelloAmante SAME THING I SAID MAN... shid I'd be playing games, teaching my kids how to build this or that, pick up girls, be funny ETC BASICALLY a goddamn #dream come true while I work out all day... let her do the money making (cool by me)

I guess by insecure guy's standards we'd be wussies though #FuckEm ^_^ HAHAHA

• I would be ok with it if she was ok with it. I mean, it would probably be a lot of pressure on her to support me and have to pay for most things, but if she is fine with that, I'm fine with that.

And if she makes enough money to support both of us alone, then i wouldn't mine being a housebusband lol.

• Marry me

.

• Nah I'm an engineering major so while I'll make less, I'll still be affluent. Even if she makes more than me it just means we'll be rich together. I don't think either should "stay at home" for kids, just adjust with different shifts for work and hire nannies.

• My wife made more than I did once she decided to choose a higher paying job in the same field, and I had no problem at all with it. But the amount you are talking about will be a big difference, and will mean being in social circles that may not be so welcoming of his career and income. That could cause problems. Watch out for that.

• What do you mean? I don't intend on getting money and then acting like a bitch or "high class". My fiance was raised in the south and grew up a hard worker. I was raised in a little farm town in a home that struggled financially and when we didn't struggle, we didn't have extra money.

• He won't be working. We decided that it'd be best for him to stay home when our children are young, anyways.

• Uh, yeah. Lol. I wouldn't mind being a house husband either, lol.

• Of course I'd be fine with it, what a stupid thing to throw a tantrum over. Only insecure men would let such a thing bother them, and why on earth would you be upset about having more money coming in?

• I mean, I suppose my lack of world experience might weigh a bit on my opinion.

That aside, I wouldn't care if my spouse made more money than me -- I'd probably care more that they're enjoying their job.

As far as quitting my job goes? I'm not sure! I wouldn't want to quit my job if I didn't have to.. but I wouldn't expect my spouse to quit their because I don't want to. I'd rather see if I could adjust my hours to make it work. Maybe work less and make less, but still get to enjoy my job.

I mean, if I hate my job, then I would probably rather like not having to go to it.

If everyone's happy, then I honestly wouldn't care which route I chose.

• If my plan works out, there won't be many people in the world who will make more money than me. But, if she does at that point, then obviously she has some amazing qualities worth mating with.

• What's your plan, if you don't mind me asking?

• Yeah, I know. I'm majoring in biology right now. Good luck with college!

• Thanks. You too!

• It would not bother me at all. However, I'm not staying home and doing nothing. I'm working bringing in my own money too.

• I'd only ask him to stay home when we have kids. He wants a few and he's gonna have to be home to take care of them after I have to go back to work lmao

• If you truly love someone, money is just a bonus.. I'd feel happy that you completed med school. Now time too pay off that student loan!

• I'm perfectly fine with a girlfriend making more money than me

• I would be cool with that and would stay home if needs be.

• Yeah, sure I don't mind

• I really wouldn't care. We would combine our incomes as an overall anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• I make more money than my boyfriend and it doesn't bother him lol. I don't understand how it would bother most guys and if it did then that's someone I wouldn't get along with most likely anyway.

• i think many would be thrilled