Most Helpful Guy
-Be yourself. Might seem cliche, well, there's a reason why things are cliche. It's easier and more fun and more interesting to be yourself anyway.
-REMEMBER: After high school, you will never see 90% of those people again, unless you go to the reunion. 99.9% if you go to out of state college. What this means is that you can pretty much do anything, and it'll only be embarrassing for the rest of high school, but after that, your history is pretty much gone - as long as it's not illegal. So don't get embarrassed by anything. From an old introvert to freshmen who may or may not be introverted: BE OUTGOING.
-Get good grades. They do matter, especially your first years. If you start out with bad habits, it's easy to continue those habits. Your GPA is pretty much why you need good grades. In senior year, colleges will receive your GPA and grades, but you won't have senior grades yet, so those don't matter as much ('til after you're accepted). But your GPA still will. The grades you get in high school can sometimes be directly proportionate to how much you get paid later in life, which is annoying. Good grades -> better college -> better resume and credentials -> better job. This is only in theory though, and if you create your own business and you're successful then you'll be laughing about how hard you studied, or how little you studied.
-Try to take interesting classes. Even if they're not "easy A" courses, you might still end up getting an A because you enjoy learning about the class. Also, 90% of people in high school have barely any idea of what they're planning on majoring in for college. The other 10% will most likely change their minds at some point.
-If you have a history of not liking some of your teachers, then LISTEN to what other students say about teachers. If a teacher is generally disliked by multiple people, then they're probably pretty bad, in one way or another. And most of the teachers at my school who are liked by students are often talked about in positive ways by students.
-Know that the upperclassman mostly ACT like they don't want to associate with you because it keeps their ego up and they think it makes them look cool. But, be open to friends of all grades. You might get free rides to lunch or home because the upperclassmen can drive.
-Do your homework. It counts towards your grade, and it WILL help you learn the material better, so you'll do better on tests.1
- Show AllShow Less