What Was Ur Experience Like When You First Moved Out to Live On Your Own?

Paying your own bills, the whole place is rented out to u alone, you could eat whenever without running it by someone else...
I'm curious because i haven't lived on my own yet, but will shortly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, i took on responsibility at young age like 12 and 13 i would cook
    supper for my mom and clean the house than in my 20's still living at home
    i helped pay bills that we had but i still live in the house that my decease mom
    owned but I'm moving cause this house is in poor conditions and I'm going to
    live with a relative in new house but if it doesn't work, I'm moving on cause
    i'm age 47 , i want woman and have a baby if it doesn't happen than I know
    God has another plan for me and I'm ready for whatever he has for me..

What Guys Said 2

• I had it the extra hard way (voluntarily)... I really threw myself into the ice cold water. The first time I lived on my own was when I went to study in my girlfriend's country South Korea. I hated the on-campus dormitories where I lived for the first two weeks (they were over-priced, bad atmosphere, there were tons of stupid rules such as you're not allowed to take a member of the opposite sex to your room, even if it's your mom etc.). Hence, I decided to look for an off-campus apartment/room. This alone was already very tough because people in Korea speak very, very little English. I mean... if you leave the University campus and you talk to somebody over 30, you can be glad if they understand "please" and "thank you". Without the help of my girlfriend it would have been impossible to find something nice. However, because of her, we found this absolutely great, small apartment in a very peaceful neighborhood where only Korean people lived (I loved that fact, I didn't want to be surrounded by western people). The rent was fine and I still lived relatively close to Uni, I just had to take a bus. However, this was only the beginning of my adventure. Because my girlfriend had to work very hard during that time and because Korean parents are very strict, she couldn't spend a lot of time with me. This means that I had to find out a lot of things on my own. The whole thing was even harder because I am almost blind. Now, imagine being almost blind, living on your own for the very first time and knowing practically nothing about the language where you're living (I had just started learning it and only knew a couple of words). It was a real adventure to put it mildly :-). I can't even recount how many times I could completely lost in the city or people saying something to me and me just looking at them like a deer in the headlights. Also, taking care of my household was something very new. Paying my rent was okay because I had some savings but still, it was very tough. Even simple things such as "how the hell does a Korean laundry machine work?" became real riddles to solve :-). But as hard as it was, it was also great fun and probably one of the best life lessons I've had so far. Later I've moved in with my girlfriend in my home country Switzerland and we still live together but it has become easier because I'm not alone anymore. For example I'm not very good with technology and if I have a problem, I can just ask my girlfriend who is an expert (being Korean ;-))

• Wow, lucky u. I want my boyfriend to move in with me, but but us living in different states with him having a steady job there... it may not be easy...

• to a completely different country and we are living together :-). So just don't give up! There's always a way. In fact, one thing that all my life experiences with my disability and with the complicated situation with my girlfriend taught me is that the most important thing in life is will power. If you really want to manage something, you will. People always tell me that far-distance relationships don't work. I disagree. If both people really want it to work out and work for that, it will work out. If you and your boyfriend decide "one day we will be living together happily with both of us having decent job situations" and both of you work towards that goal, you are bound to succeed :-).

• Thank u so much for that

• That's about to happen to me next month. Pretty excited and nervous.

What Girls Said 2

• it was fun. I was 18 when I moved from florida to dc for school. i was a full time student and worked 40-60 hours per week, so i was tired 99% of the time. i ate cafeteria food, so I rarely had to worry about cooking for myself unless i worked the night shift at the library or had work before 6am.

it can be scary, but if you work hard enough it really is not that bad. good luck!!

• It was called crying bear the end of every paycheck due to how utterly broke I was.