Girls, If I didn't get my periode for nearly 6 weeks now?

hi girls, i need your urgent advice.
i had unprotected sex 6 weeks ago. i took the morning-after pill less than 24 hrs after it happened. since then i did a pregnancy test every 2 weeks ans everytime it was negative so it shows i'm not pregnant.. but why wouldn't my periode come already then?
😕 im really scared

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go to the doctors and order a blood test. Those are the most accurate at 100%. I had unprotected sex a month ago and when my period didn't show up, I waited 8 days and took a test and I am now 6 weeks pregnant. Morning sickness has already set in and I can't get enough sleep. Watch for those signs as well. The morning after pill could have messed up your cycle too though.

What Girls Said 20

• your pill may have messed up your cycle, it can happen. 24 hours is on the border for the morning after pill though... they say after 12 hours it is not as effective... the docs say 24 but it has been proven otherwise (it depends on the pill!)

I would say go to the docs, change the pregnancy tests you are using too... they may not detect the HCG that you require (some are more sensitive than others) and if you go to the docs they can help you when you get the news...

• If you're already irregular, the pill may have interfered with your natural cycle. I know when I first began birth control it messed with my period and it took almost eight weeks before it returned to me. To be positive that this is the cause, you should definitely see a doctor.

• You messed up your cycle by taking those pills and to take two more on top of just the one probably messed your cycle a lot. I highly suggest going on birth control if your going to continue having sex. Just so you know the "pill" is not for abortion so not sure why you took two more pills?

• The longer you wait to take the pill, the less effective it is. You should have definitely taken it in the first few hours. Even the box reads that the pill is only so effective and becomes even less so very quickly. If not pregnant, it couldve messed with your hormones just like it's supposed to do, and that happens to be a side effect.

• Stress, or the pill threw you off a bit.
    Just wait till your next period is due, take anther test then

• Not sure where you are, in some countries pregnancy tests aren't 100% accurate and you need to see a dr. If its not that stress can cause disruptions in your cycle. Other than that see a dr, there are many reasons for changes in your cycle and its pretty tough to tell from a post. The first thing they'll ask though is how regular you normally are

• well tbh i took the morning after pill 3 times within 2 weeks so do you think my cycle could probably be even more messed up? (it never has been really. regulary)

• Without a medical history I couldn't tell. I think you need to see someone and find a better method of birth control.

• Your body might be resetting. Mine did that when I took the pill too once. I ended up two days later, getting a flu shot and found out that the pill also lowers your immune system temporarily so I ended up getting the flu. Was running a 104.7 degree fever for 9 days. I don't think it's much to worry about, and should be good after at most 90 days, but if you are concerned you can see a gynecologist.

• You should go to the doctor. The home pregnancy tests are not terribly accurate.

• there is a possible chance you might. but give it few more days before you conclude that you are and do a pregnancy test!

• Ok my sister just did the same thing and I read the box. You have up to 72 hours to take the morning pill. That is 3 days so you should be good. My sister took the pill the day after

• yes i know. i took it between 12&30 hours after sex

• Get a pregnancy test done at the doctors to be sure. Otherwise, it might be the emergency contraceptive pill messing up your hormone levels. That pill is pretty harsh on your body.

• What if i took the emergency pill 3 times within 2 weeks? i mean my cycle and hormones could have happened to be even more messed up?

• Jeez don't do that sort of thing to your body! If you're using emergency contraception that often, you need to go on birth control.

• You might be pregnant go see a doctor

• The pill screws up your cycle a bit and you're clearly extremely stressed about the issue

• The stress from because nervous will make your period late as well. If you're really scared go to a planned parenthood or your normal doctor to be 100% sure.

• You spelled period wrong.

• Shut up who gives a fuck. Let the girl live I'm sure you're not perfect either

• Maybe you're sick or overly stressed or some other thing.

• Join the lesbian side, at least you won't ever get pregnant and if you do the girl has a lot of explaining to do :')
    On a serious note, isn't the pill only 97% certain it'll work?
    I'm a lesbian ( I was bisexual a few months back) but it happened to me in December, I know exactly how you feel. Just don't panic, your body will sort itself out.

• Same thing happened to me and it turned out that my period skipped a month which was weird lol but it should come soon. If not, see a doctor

• The pregnancy tests are accurate. Did you follow the instructions exactly as it said?

• Yes i did but for some reason i also started to gain some weight which wasn't due to consuming more food than usually but i'm loosing it again and isn't it usually that after 6 weeks pregnant you'd see a bigger stomach or continuing weightgain?

• Go see a doctor and settle the matter as soon as possible

• llool your prob preg.. or not.. time will tell

• it may just be running late, but also the only certain way to not get pregnant is to not have sex. so anything is possible.