Why are most of the people on this site socially retarded?

I keep seeing people in their 20s and 30s not knowing the first things about interpersonal relationships or sexual education.

I get that the internet is a good resource for knowledge, and I'm not condemning you for asking, but how do you get to be an adult and not know things like whether you could be pregnant after having unprotected sex?

And so many people are fishing for compliments with retouched and filtered photos, acting like you think you're ugly? If you truly think you're ugly, you wouldn't be posting photos online for people to confirm that you're ugly! We all know you're just trying to boost your own ego, you're not fooling anyone.

I'm not saying stop doing these things, if I just didn't want to see them, I wouldn't look at them. I'm genuinely asking how so many people get to be a reasonable adult age without knowing how to act like adults?

So I now understand that most of these afore-mentioned people are Americans, and y'all live in a fucked up country. I'm very very sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

• fake age to get past the harassment under18 face, and to be able to ask sexuality questions.

The ones who got their shit together has no need for this site, and are out there in the real world suceeding in the danc of love.

This is a site MEANT to help, thus it's natural for those needing help to come here to get help.

Compliment fishers are either people with extremely low confidence, or they're just the run of the mill narcissist fishing for compliments and fame.

I believe that's all?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of schools don't teach sex ed in class anymore and the ones that do, just describe the act. Not all the little nuances that you learn as you go. I know a lot more now then I did after my sex ed class, and I also know more now then I did five years ago. Its not horrible to be a little naive when it comes to sex.
    As for the picture thing, media perpetuates that we have to be an ideal body type, have perfect hair and teeth, wake up looking good and suffer no flaws. When your raised in a world like that, even if you are attractive, you more than likely have spent way to much time on how bad your flaws are and no longer see an attractive person in the mirror. So you ask. No that that is all of them but I think most are 70% accurate.
    :-)

• I've never heard of a school not teaching sex ed. Is that like, an American thing? Because I've never met anyone in real life who didn't know unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy. That's not just naivety, that's dangerous ignorance.

The point wasn't that people ask - it's that they pretend they think they're ugly in a photoshopped photo to get compliments. If you want compliments, just ask what people think. Don't say shit like 'Look how ugly I am, do you think I'm ugly?'. It's pathetic and overly self-indulgent. Which is really what's wrong with people now.

• *Sigh* and all I so is say yes, I know.

What Guys Said 14

• Because our society would rather show horror movies where people snip out the eyes of their victims with scissors in graphic detail yet there are social uproars if a vagina appears on the screen in anything other than porn. You're more likely to see a parent shield her kid's eyes from a pair of boobs than of a guy getting shot in the head. As a whole our society are a bunch of immature prudes so we lack an adequate sex ed system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldW4n3tpz3g

• its the internet, don't expect anything but expect everything.

• It gives people the chance to be an ahole when they cannot be (or are one) in real life. Or they just want to start an argument ^^

• Everyone has insecurities and everyone needs to go through a lot of life experiences to mature emotionally so you are going to get a lot of people on here like that since this is an advice website

• Yeah, but that's not really the point. The point is how people can become adults without knowing basic things about being an adult. Like basic sex ed where sex = pregnancy.

• Depends on how they were brought up , the school system isn't really that great for that area but sometimes they don't have a father or a mother to talk to either and just fumble through life so it's a good thing we have the internet now

• We also have too much censorship for things that people should be allowed to know

• All I know is those questions are great fodder for trolling question askers.

• They're socially retarded in a lot more ways than that.

• Too true. Those were just the ones that immediately came to mind.

• So that's what I find so entertaining about this site.

• Some are fishing others are genuinely insecure
    If someone is posting the same photo and gets compliments each time you know they are a fish.
    And for sex q some are that naive

• Welcome to GAG, home of the introverted, virgin losers living in their parents' house, and if it's not square with "Jesus" then they won't be having any of that.

• Who teaches them? A lot of people were raised by television. I was reading an article today about how many adults nowadays never learned how to ride a bicycle.

• That's a LOT different to not knowing that sex = pregnancy.

• Uh, if you have access to the internet, you're probably from a developed country. And should probably know basic sex ed.

• The thing about internet and developed (perhaps I should have said enlightened) countries used to be true but is becoming less and less so.

• The majority of visitors on this site are American.

• Because they probably have conditions. I have aspergers myself

• Yeah, but not everyone has aspergers. Even then it doesn't explain the whole nobody seems to know anything about sexual health... That's pretty basic.

• a lot of people are not the age they show on here for one reason of the other...

There are a lot of people living at home longer than many would though...

• Some of them are young teens under them screen names
    it happens it's the Internet i try supporting them to what i can do..

• I get that, but really, even young teens should know most of that stuff. The sexual health stuff is taught to kids in junior high, or even younger.

• Yeah some teens live sheltered life i was one of them
      some come on here that shouldn't be on here and lie
      about their age ,

What Girls Said 6

• That's why most people here have made accounts, to learn the ins and outs of things like sex and relationships. You also have to remember that not everyone submits their honest age once they've signed up, so a 25-29 anon could really be a 15 year old teen.

As for people asking others to rate them, they are seeking validation which is a perfectly human and normal thing to do.

• I get that, but when you have someone asking "I HAD SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM, COULD I BE PREGNANT?" You gotta wonder... If that person is old enough to have sex, they're old enough that they should know that unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy.

I don't mind the ratings. It's a way to get opinions or an ego boost. That's cool. But what shits me is when I see someone saying things like 'Look how ugly I am' on a retouched, airbrushed photo of them. It's ridiculously attention seeking.

• Yeah, I guess so, but in my opinion sex education is piss poor. Surprisingly there are many teens that don't know the basics of sex, including the fact that unprotected sex can end up in an unplanned pregnancy. I know for sure that many of these kids are getting their sex education from porn, which obviously doesn't cover safe sex etc. So there's a huge demographic of sexually uneducated children, and a site like this is good, because many are too embarrassed to ask their friends/family.

As for those people who blatantly attention seek, pay them no mind. Either that, or agree with them that they ARE in fact as hideous as they say they are and see where that goes, lol.

• I think most of the... obviously stupid questions on here are posted anonymously hence people are probably trolling

And to the fishing for compliments - I agree there are some people who do it for that reason but some others might have just enough self confidence left to ask at least people they don't know in real life what they think of them - some of them have been bullied or constantly compared to others before and trust me, that can pretty damn hurt and absolutely ruin your self confidence even if you're actually pretty or handsome.

• Sexual education at school is horrible
    Like I just learned how people are suppose to put on condoms
    Like wow mind blown

• The guy can't even find his girl's clitoris

• I agree to many mongoloid sycophants asking questions.

• Just because it says the age is in a bracket, doesn't mean the person asking is that age. I saw a {18-24) ask but state in the description of the question "I am 16".

Also, some people are trolling, insecure, genuinely curious or just uneducated. I think boredom might play a part in the mix as well. When I went off anonymous a few times, I would get a few guys (from other countries by the way) looking for sex.