50 lbs lifting requirement?

I'm looking for a job, is that REALLY a requirement? I don't KNOW if i can lift 50 lbs.. :(

Honestly, I can't find anything that doesn't have that requirement, and I don't want to bother them if I CAN'T.

What am I supposed to do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is. If you need to lift heavy weights, then the job application should warn you ahead and see if you are capable of doing it or not.

If you can't lift it, you would have to ask someone else for help which would be very inefficient for the company. Your shot: Search for a different kind of job where you don't need to lift weight, if you can't even lift 50 lbs which really isn't that much.

Most Helpful Girl

• 50lbs isn't that heavy, trust me.

What Guys Said 3

• most people can lift 50 lbs without realizing it if they try. you should try.

• Lmao that's easy af OP, 50 lbs is a barbell without any weights. If you can't lift that, you weak. Pretty sure you can lift it, just go for it

• Do you even lift?

What Girls Said 1

• That's not even 25kg. You should be able to lift that. If you can't, you probably have more problems than not finding a job.

• Namely, having arms like noodles.

• Go find a 50 pound bag/box of something. Cement, flour, rice, SOMETHING, and lift it.

• Failing that, get a bunch of smaller bags/boxes of various things, find enough that you have 50 pounds, put them in a box/bag and lift that.