Why do minorities tend to be indifferent towards the issues of the middle east (terrorism, ISIS, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, etc.) compared to whites?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's nations with whites as the majority that are beefing with that part of the world not majority Latino, Asian, or African nations.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why but honestly things like Isis don't really scare me. Obviously I'm concerned but I don't know I'm just not that scared.
    Also I know that all this crap in the Middle East is primarily our fault do to our quest for oil so I'm not mad at te Middle East/middle easterners.
    Also if you don't really know the difference between a sooni, Shia and Kurds (I don't think I spelled any of those names right) then I don't really think your in a prepared enough position to discuss problems in the middle east

What Guys Said 5

• bull. shit.

• why the hell should they care? for that matter why the hell do we care? I don't see why people are always getting into other peoples business

• Because they have other stuff to think about I guess

• This is from a perspective of a sheltered westerner.. That is far from the truth and actually bullshit. I don't know where you get that idea.

• They like to believe they have a monopoly on victim-hood.

What Girls Said 3

• Do you have any sources to prove this or are you just being racist for fun?

• Because I don't find 'these groups' to be scary.
    I don't even care.

• If true (evidence?), that might be because the media narrative tends to be "they (the Other) are coming to destroy (white) Western civilization and your privilege as (white) westerners!"
    (Not being facetious. There's an actual term for this I'm pretty sure - cultural anxiety or something like that.)

I'm not sure it applies to the Middle East so much as it does to "don't take mah guns" here in the U. S. - it's "preserve America" aka preserve white "supremacy" and privilege.