so i just wanted to go over a point or two about feminism
1. women wanting equality mean they want men to be non dominant or just don't like it
2. women complaining about equality makes them a non dominant group in society
3. marriage has been destroyed by women's rights
4. women say how they are the unprivealedged class compared to men but you'll never see a pretty girl living in a refrigerator box because she failed highschool
5. feminism flasley teaches young girls that sleeping around has no negative side affects
6. (closely related to 3) as women's rights has increased long term relationships have decreased
7. interestingly feminist relationships are reported to be more stable and happier how can this be if long term relationships are failing more often as feminism grows?
8. (this one's my opinion) women doing the social norms that men do (pay for each other open doors etc.) takes men's natural born instinct away from them... men enjoy taking care of women and now days feminism says we shouldn't it sucks that femism teaches we should go against evolutionary traits that make us happy for no reason... women like being taken care (financially) of and men like taking care of them
i have plenty of info for 1-7 if you want and will be glad to discuss about it with you but it'd be nice if you looked it up yourself as a start
and just a poll because i'm curious of you guy's actual choice
- approve of feminismVote A
- disapproveVote B
by the way i've had a great discussion with you before on if gay marriage should be called marriage and you didn't have an issue with it being anon then
Most Helpful Girl
How has marriage been destroyed by women's rights? It's certainly changed the dynamic that was common in marriages previously, but that doesn't mean marriage has been destroyed. Like with anything else, it comes with its pros and cons that pretty much equal out. I definitely like being equal with my fiance rather than having to take a subordinate role.
I also disagree that feminism teaches girls that there are no negative effects to sleeping around. Modern society has done that to the population in general and the fact that men and women are equal mean that women aren't exempt from this. But any smart or mature person knows there are consequences, male or female.
Number 6 might be true but that's likely because women no longer feel forced to stay in relationships that aren't working for them. I'd say that's a good thing. People still maintain long term relationships and when they do so, they're more likely to be happy/functional relationships now. And number 7 goes along for this. Relationships =/= happiness and if women were more likely to stay in relationships that were making them unhappy pre-suffrage, then this makes perfect sense.
As for 8, equality doesn't mean men have to stop taking care of women if it makes them happy and/or satisfies their instincts. It just means now women take care of them sometimes too.5
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
Feminism has become to radical in the sense that it is a man hating group of women that want to be equal or better than men. When in all actuality men and women will never be equals. Whether it be in the work place or in relationships or biologically. What feminist don't see is that they are pushing women away from men. I agree if a woman wants to do the same exact job as a man when she is fully qualified, passed test, has met the requirements, physically and mentally, then she should be given a shot. What feminists fail to realize is that most employers take into consideration that hiring a woman might be a risk. In that, in the event if she becomes pregnant they have to pay her baby leave. Or they risk her not returning to work to be a stay at home mom. So employers act rationally they don't just hate on women. Anyway, feminism has definitely won a lot of arguments but some of their arguments make no sense. Why is it that if a woman doesn't want to take care of a kid she's exercising her right to choice. If a man doesn't want to take care of a kid he is considered a dead beat dad. Feminists have many double standards that are never talked about. Women have more rights then they've ever had. Now though it seems feminists are just looking at things to complain about. If women really want to be are equals then I say we as men should start treating them like equals. A woman wants to pay half let her pay half. You want to open a door for a woman, fine but she should open the for for you. She want to hit you like a man then she should take a pinch like a man. She wants pee standing up let her pee standing up. Haha0