Hello people. Asking stupid question. Have you applied screen protector/scratch guard on your smartphone? Do Americans even use it?

Okay my device has Corning's gorilla glass and of course it is scratch resistant but still i use screen protector for it.
I have seen videos where they literally test by using knives to test it's scratch resistant capability and it really doesn't even produce a single scratch. Actually it is said that the new generation one doesn't require it at all.
But it cautions people who are regular beach goers because sand and some rare metals can scratch it though. Diamonds too if you wear can scratch it.

My point is that i don't like to use it and i feel like peeling it off every time from the screen because it interferes with display clarity when it starts getting old.
Has anyone ever used phone without screen protector for long time? Is it recommended?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use it, I think it would be too distracting. Like you said, it becomes kind of dirty when it gets old and you just want to peel it off. I've also seen some of my friends' protectors get bubbles underneath after a while. That would just drive me nuts.
    So far I've only gotten one scratch on the upper right side of my phone, and I've had it for just over a year. At first it annoyed me a little but now I'm used to it and I don't really care. It's not that visible anyway.

If your screen is scratch resistant, then I see no point in using a screen protector.

What Girls Said 3

• I used to until I would get bubbles and once I got bubbles Inbetween the screen protector and phone I would just take it off. Then I got a big ass crack down my phone soo yea I'm keeping a screen protector on so 1. The screen doesn't cut me 2. So nothing gets in it. So they are handy and if u ever scratch ur phone it sucks but if u have a screen protector it's really nice. Also the new glass screen protectors , I don't have one but it know people who do, they seem to like them and say they r really helpful

• Haha what happened to your phone to get such a crack!

• Well I was at a friends so I feel maybe one of them dropped it accidentally

• Yes yes yes 100%

• If my phone had gorilla glass I wouldn't use one.

• I don't use it😗

What Guys Said 2

• I always have a screen protector on my phone. Yes, "Americans" use them.

• I bought a good quality one from amazon and you wouldn't even know it was on my screen