Tips for being less scared after seeing a horror movie?

I like watching horror movies, but they never stop unsettling me. I find it hard not to think about the same things happening to me as what happened to the cast in the movies. How do you deal with that?

Especially at night in bed, when you're alone with your thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to read, so usually after seeing a movie of that nature, I read a chapter in my book before I go to sleep and my mind naturally drifts to the last thing it paid attention to. I also find that if I read before as well, it almost guarantees that I won't dream about the movie. :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd embrace that feeling if you ask me.

Good horror movies are so rare nowadays that I beg for a film that can genuinely unsettle me and make me think about it DAYS after viewing. I haven't had such a reaction from a horror movie since I saw In The Mouth of Madness which was years ago.

That fucking ending, man.

What Girls Said 5

• It dosent bother me, but I NEVER I repeat NEVER watch them alone... I'm always either with my friends or boyfriend

• Yeah, I don't watch them alone either. The only exception is Penny Dreadful, which is a tv-show.

• I've never seen it but I hear it's good:)

• Consider watching it. It's really moody, well-acted and tense. The dialogues have a bit of depth to them too. The show doesn't explain everything, it doesn't dumb-down things to appeal to a mass-audience. Which makes it all the better.

• After seeing the gallows I just make sure I watch my back and have a dog or cat to throw. The feelings go away in a week or so. Those be the breaks.

• Get my oiuji board
    Summon satan
    Have him protect me 😈

• Imagine behind the scenes. All the effort that went to the making of the movie... Then laugh and remember it is fake.

• I don't like scary movies... because of that reason, so I watch funny and cute videos on YouTube. 😊

What Guys Said 3

• I like watching horror movies (the Conjuring is my favorite) alone in the dark at midnight :D. I don't really get scared a whole lot because I tend to just laugh at the people in it. When you see it as a joke and start guessing how each person is going to die, it doesn't become that scary anymore.

• It's all a show made up to frighten people (people who like to be frightened)

• Realise that they're all a tad bit extremely predictable.