Tips for being less scared after seeing a horror movie?

I like watching horror movies, but they never stop unsettling me. I find it hard not to think about the same things happening to me as what happened to the cast in the movies. How do you deal with that?

Updates:
Especially at night in bed, when you're alone with your thoughts.

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to read, so usually after seeing a movie of that nature, I read a chapter in my book before I go to sleep and my mind naturally drifts to the last thing it paid attention to. I also find that if I read before as well, it almost guarantees that I won't dream about the movie. :-)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd embrace that feeling if you ask me.

Good horror movies are so rare nowadays that I beg for a film that can genuinely unsettle me and make me think about it DAYS after viewing. I haven't had such a reaction from a horror movie since I saw In The Mouth of Madness which was years ago.

That fucking ending, man.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It dosent bother me, but I NEVER I repeat NEVER watch them alone... I'm always either with my friends or boyfriend

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, I don't watch them alone either. The only exception is Penny Dreadful, which is a tv-show.

• I've never seen it but I hear it's good:)

• Consider watching it. It's really moody, well-acted and tense. The dialogues have a bit of depth to them too. The show doesn't explain everything, it doesn't dumb-down things to appeal to a mass-audience. Which makes it all the better.

• After seeing the gallows I just make sure I watch my back and have a dog or cat to throw. The feelings go away in a week or so. Those be the breaks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get my oiuji board
    Summon satan
    Have him protect me 😈

0|1
    0|0
  • Imagine behind the scenes. All the effort that went to the making of the movie... Then laugh and remember it is fake.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like scary movies... because of that reason, so I watch funny and cute videos on YouTube. 😊

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I like watching horror movies (the Conjuring is my favorite) alone in the dark at midnight :D. I don't really get scared a whole lot because I tend to just laugh at the people in it. When you see it as a joke and start guessing how each person is going to die, it doesn't become that scary anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's all a show made up to frighten people (people who like to be frightened)

0|1
    0|0
  • Realise that they're all a tad bit extremely predictable.

0|1
    0|0