Girls, would you forgive a guy for acting distant because he was scared of things getting too serious?

basically if he was looking for something more laid back and suddenly disappeared after realizing that you invested more into him, would you forgive him if he apologized and wanted to remain friends at least?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• No if he just "disappeared" he could easily turn around and do it again. I would not allow him in my life. However if he straight up told you how he was and said that he was scared of things getting too serious and explained that to you by maybe pulling back some that's a whole different situation. But the "disappearance" is a no no

What Girls Said 13

• Nope, I have no time for being friendzoned.
    It's either a yes or a no, but never a maybe or "can we just be friends?"

• No. It's totally fine to feel that way but running away and leaving you confused, I don't need friends who behave like toddlers.

• Nope.

If someone doesn't have the balls to be upfront with me then I do not need them in my life. If I approach a guy, and he thinks I want too much and he disappears, he can disappear for good. If he tells me like someone who has GUTS that he doesn't want what I'm offering and wants to be friends then that's fine, but he has to be upfront about it and initiate it.

• forgive - not in the moment. I'd still be mad. He has to earn it if he wants to be friends again. Even if I say that, it would be hard if I still have feelings for him, but I would stand my ground and say no.

• sure, I would never date him after but we could be friends

• Yeah, sure. He just may not know how to act around you.

• no i won't

• He's obviously been hurt in the past and it's worrying him. I wouldn't mind. I would forgive him.

• Forgive okay. Friends? Not a chance. Not because you can't be with him. But because he vanishes like a coward in the night. That's not someone you can trust.

• Forgive: yes. Be friends: no. It's better to move on and not be friends. It never works out being "just friends"

• Ha of course! It's not that big of a deal for me I would be happy to be friends.

• I think I'm utterly exhausted with people like this. No room for it. But you my dear can do what you want.

• sounds like me, except im a girl tbh..