Dad just called me after 20 years?

Has anybody been in a similar situation how did you handle it and how did it turn out.

I told him I have no use for a father but I do have a lot of questions. We are going to talk on the phone Saturday.

Most Helpful Girl

• My father molested/raped me as a child. I haven't heard from him in over 10 years. Over the last 2 years he has tried numerous times to contact me. I blatantly refuse to have any contact with him, nothing he can say or do will make up for the past...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well matey, I think it might be worth talking to him, Just to hear what he's gotta say, Man to man ya know?

I can understand why you may be pissed off at him, and fucking rightly so, but, the man could just be trying to apologize ya know? Make things right.

And, I think you would be doing the honourable thing to let that happen.
    All the best mate!

• I agree I have spent a life time being angry as a child and as a man I think I should be able to rise above it. We are scheduled to talk in an hout

• Pretty cool of you to go through with it man, I mean, Surely it can only be a good thing right? Maybe he just wants to make ammendments or something, And, worse case scenario, it goes badly and you loose nothing right? Sounds like a good thing to me. And, I'm sorry about that dude, I can imagine it would have been fucking tough growing up like that, And im sure he respects that it was hard for you.
      Anyway mate, Good luck, Hope things work out!

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds fucked up tbh

• How do you know he's your dad?

• He found my mom on face book and she gave him my number.

• I want to punch him in the face.

• Okay then don't ever talk to him again

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, tell him to save himself the trouble and not call because you dont consider yourself his son.