Dog, Cat, Rodent, Or Reptiles?

I love dogs, but realized, after owning one, that they're SO needy. A dog is like a toddler forever. Constantly needing way too much guidance and attention or it's hell. I realized, therefor, that I'm more of a cat type of guy. A cat is like a teenager. Still gotta take some care of it, but for the most part cats are a lot less needy and still interesting pets. I also like gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets (want one actually), love snakes and snapping turtles and realized those little bastards hiss, and everything but insects. Urgh.

So what about you? Besides insects, what's your favorite pet to own and why?

• Dogs
    50% (8)44% (4)48% (12)Vote
  • Cats
    38% (6)33% (3)36% (9)Vote
  • Rodents (Hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, the like)
    0% (0)11% (1)4% (1)Vote
  • Ferrets
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Reptiles (Snakes, turtles, I think iguanas?)
    6% (1)12% (1)8% (2)Vote
  • Insects because I'm a creep like that (sorry but I truly can't stand them)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Don't care/Other/Results
    6% (1)0% (0)4% (1)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• DOGGIES FOR THE WIN!
    sarasotadog.com/files/2012/05/Pomeranian5.jpg
    Cats are so stuck up and make you work for their affection. They're still super cute though.

Hamsters and Guinea pigs are so cute but they aren't afraid to pee and poop on you like it's nothing.

Ferrets are like rodents but going everywhere.

Reptile? Hell no! No way am I owning a snake.

Insects? Possibly depending on the insect. I used to have pet roly polies when I was little. www.bihrmann.com/.../...adillidium%20vulgare)6.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm only had gerbils as pets.. well, they were really my sisters. While they were extremely adorable, you can only see them at night and they were mostly uninterested in playing with you, because they can't sweat and your palm is too hot for them so they will try to escape your hands very soon. So all you can really do is observe them and clean after them..
    Ferrets are like cats, very clean.
    Reptiles are like rodents.. if you don't mind only watching them and never really playing with them like you do with dogs or cats or ferrets, it's cool. Otherwise they are just very boring.

I would like to get a prairie dog, simply because they look so adorable when they kiss.. but I don't think it's really appriopriate for their species to live with humans.. so, I'd like to get a dog or cat, because they're already domesticated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cats reptiles are kind of expensive on food

0|0
    0|0
  • Dog
    //////

0|0
    0|0
  • Cats, cats, CATS! They're absolutely adorable and are also playful, independent, intelligient creatures. They're not as dirty as dogs either. I cannot express how much I adore cats T_T

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't mind owning a snake, they look so dope and they're easy to fool, so easy to take care of them, more than a cat and a dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to have a rat who I dare say I "connected with" but before and since her I've not been able to find that level of companionship in rodents... And I really like dogs, *a lot* of them are really good people. But cats and I pretty well *always* hit it off, right off the bat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dogs

0|0
    0|0
  • I gots a bunny named Moño.

0|0
    0|0