How to give up depression?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a mental illness you can't really just give it up. It usually requires some type of therapy to help you change the way you think and/or to understand your triggers and the "root" or cause underlying your depression.

• I'm in med school and currently doing a summer program in psychiatry as that is what I ultimately want to do so let me know if you want a further elaboration of what I said above.

• yep please

Most Helpful Guy

• there is no giving up depression. it will be there for the rest of your life but understand that it will not be bad for the rest of your life. it does get better and it does get worse. though as long as you have people around you that you can talk with and that care about you you can make it through. I've had depression, suicidal thought and a slew of other things caused by my depression and i just recently let people in and allowed them to listen and comfort me. it really does help to have someone there to just listen when it hurts.

What Girls Said 1

• you don't just "give it up," not that easy

What Guys Said 2

• 25.media.tumblr.com/.../...i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

Lol. Jokes aside, it's not something you just "give up." If you're struggling with depression, the best thing you can do is get professional counseling to help work you through your depression towards recovery.

• sticky patches and gum.