Girls, If you dented someones car in a car park would you leave a note?

If I dinted someones car I would leave a note under their windscreen wiper with my contact detials telling them to contact me so we can sort it out. Would you?

• Yes I would without hesitation, I am a good person. It is wrong not to.
    41% (20)
  • I would be tempted not to but would be more likely to leave a note than not leave one. I am not as honest as those that would leave a note without hesitation.
    39% (19)
  • I would be tempted not to and would be more likely to not leave a note than leave one. I am not that honest with this kind of thing.
    4% (2)
  • In all cases if I can get away with it I would drive off, I am a completely dis honest with this kind of thing but would not be mad if someone dinted my car and did not leave a note.
    6% (3)
  • In all cases if I can get away with it I would drive off without leaving a note but would be mad if someone did the same to me.
    10% (5)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Ugg this must have been set on girls only, I wanted guys to answer to. :(

14

Most Helpful Girl

• My main reason for not leaving a note would be not having anything to write with/on. If I wasn't in a huge hurry and I didn't have paper, I'd wait for the person whose car I dented to come out so I could apologize and trade info in person, but if I was in a major rush -say I had a doctor's appointment or job interview, I'd leave without one. I'd feel terrible about it, but I wouldn't leave the note. I'd be annoyed if someone dented my car and didn't leave a note, but since I can fathom situations where I wouldn't, I'd try to give them the benefit of the doubt and get over it.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm a shitty person so yeah I'd drive off and be mad when it happens to me

• haha right...

• Also you are right it is a shitty thing to do to not leave a note. The you would be mad when someone does it to you. Makes you a hypocrite. I see you don't sugar coat things and say your not into political correct BS so I am not sugar coating it with you as telling the real truth.

• Recreate your question and ask again involving the guys, then report your own question as being duplicate or contact Help and get them to remove it. Where I'm from it's the law. You have to leave a note if you've dented a car. Even if no one is looking, you never know if there is a security camera somewhere, and being caught for a hit and run is going to be way worse than dealing with a small fee to accept blame for something so small.

• mmmm it might be the law to where I am from I am not sure. It might be a hit and run here to. I would just do it because I think people should own up to what they have down wrong.

• I'm an in the middle type of person on this one. Luckily I live in a place where there is tons of space and it is absolutely rare that people dent other people's cars. I've never actually done it, so I don't know what I would do.

• You can't leave the scene to begin with because that can be used against you in a bad way.

Take pictures of the damage to make sure the other person wouldn't lie and make it worse. Then say you did it and it be more out of hand. Also stay there until the over owner comes and talk to them about what happened and exchange insurance.

• Ugh that 2nd sentence doesn't make any sense. XD Scratch out the "then say you did it and it be more out of hand." I have no idea why I wrote it like that. :D

• If i was responsible for the damage then i could never walk away. I would hang about hoping they'd return soon , if not then i'd leave a note.

I know how i would feel if someone damaged my car and walked away... my conscience wouldn't allow me to walk away.

• I have 2 pin hole cameras one in my tag plate and the other one inside of what most people assume is an antenna. 3 people have hit me and didn't leave notes I found all 3 people. I also caught 14 people behind me on cell phones, a quick break check a quick slam, angry person denied being distracted. I let them cuss me then the police arrive show them the film , I get to leave and tail gating phone whores get tickets. Police only hate when you film them but they don't mind if you film morons.

• Sounds like you have this all sorted. I would always leave a note on someones car if I dinted it. It is the right thing to do.

• "a quick break check a quick slam"
      So you purposely do this to teach a lesson? What's wrong with you? Insurance scammers do this shit all the time.

• It's the law to be a car length away from the car in front of you. That's why I get to leave after. I understand the law. I don't think it really teaches any one of those people. They got a drivers and still didn't follow the rules. That's why in the US the person who run into the back of a car is always blamed. One car length rule. So away to answer your questions" What's wrong with me?" is I'm upset that I can't fix stupid. But I can film stupid and share it with police. I'm assuming that you are a person who damages people's property , the only people I've met who hate the idea are the ones I've caught. And my dash cam keeps insurance scams from happening to me. That's why I don't get into trouble for it. I follow the rules.

• Depends on how bad it is if it's like really noticeable then yes I will if it's a little tiny thing i won't bother.

• B. I would be tempted not to do it because I'm really struggling with money right now but it wouldn't feel right to just leave so I would most likely leave a note with my number.

• I don't have any money to help repair the damages. =\ I can't afford to be an honest person.

• Are you like really poor. So like you would want to be honest and you would feel bad for not being honest but it is actually just the fact you are so poor.

• Yep. My car is a 1999 Sienna. That sums up how poor I am.

• Lol D who tf has time to write pretty little notes. I'd book it out of there as fast as I could.

• LMAO Wtf Its the right thing to do that is why. You should make time

• Well if its not required then idgaf✌

• Hahaha well that is dumb. Tells me all about your shitty attitude really. I could see it in your messages lol. That also makes you a hypocrite you would not care if you damaged someone else's car but be pissed off if they damaged your car badly. You are the problem with modern society. LMFAO

• I'd be tempted not to but I guess I'm going through something called 'being mature' so I would probably leave a note lol

• I would be tempted not to but in the end I would & have.

• I would be tempted not to, but I would always do it because I am fair minded