Why am I taxes so dam much?

I work 280 hours a month. Before that I was working 256 hours a month so I don't make a lot of money I just work a lot if hours with shit tons of O. T so when I worked 256 hours a month I'd make 45k a year and now at 280 hours I'm at 52k a year but after taxes I only take somewhere in the low 30k 32-33k. I'm trying to pay off my student loans ASAP by working a shit ton but it seems like I'm getting taxed more than my fare share. When I'm working 84-98hour weeks and no days off only one week off a month and only making 45-52k and I'm being taxed between 15-22k a year? I'm almost better off not working so hard the way in taxed! WTF!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that can be tough but be glad - when you are older, you will have a SWEET retirement.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why I gave up being a bleeding heart. Yes, some people will aways need help to make it. But for the rest, handouts are great only until you eventually run out of other people's tax money.
    That said, all the shitheads running around buying crap on their EBT cards thank you for all your hard work to make doing nothing possible for them.

• I mean I make $12 an hour $18 with OT so I'm not raking in the money just wanting to get this debt of 26k off my chest so I'm working hard cooking and cleaning so I can go to school but 15-22k in taxes seems like I'm getting punished for trying to pull myself by the boot straps

What Girls Said 1

• You've pushed yourself into a higher tax bracket so your taxes have changed. Talk with an accountant and try to figure out a way get things to work better for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Why are taxes so high? It's because we all have to support the poor because, even though they didn't get an education and don't work, they still deserve to live in the suburbs and drive a BMW.