Riddle 11;Lvl Medium. Hmmm?

A king wants his daughter to marry the smartest of 3 extremely intelligent young princes, and so the king's wise men devised an intelligence test.

The princes are gathered into a room and seated, facing one another, and are shown 2 black hats and 3 white hats. They are blindfolded, and 1 hat is placed on each of their heads, with the remaining hats hidden in a different room.

The king tells them that the first prince to deduce the color of his hat without removing it or looking at it will marry his daughter. A wrong guess will mean death. The blindfolds are then removed.

You are one of the princes. You see 2 white hats on the other prince's heads. After some time you realize that the other prince's are unable to deduce the color of their hat, or are unwilling to guess. What color is your hat?

Note: You know that your competitors are very intelligent and want nothing more than to marry the princess. You also know that the king is a man of his word, and he has said that the test is a fair test of intelligence and bravery.

MHO will be chosen in two days :p

Most Helpful Guy

• Gotta be black.

• Though it's not the right answer, i know for sure he didn't cheat and actually tried solving the riddle. Since i see some of you like to cheat, i probably won't do as many riddles anymore.

• I've thought about this and now understand why it must be white. Thanks for the MHO but I don't think I deserve it. Also, the riddle has a bit of a red herring when it says the other princes are unwilling to guess or unable to figure it out; any of the three could come to the same conclusion using exactly the same reasoning.

• Nah, don't worry about it. I was more than happy to give MH to you, cuz i see u tried and i know u didn't cheat. That's all i asked. :) I was only using wisedom with my pick.

What Guys Said 3

• White.

#1. The king cannot use both of the black hats because then the prince who's wearing the white one will get the answer.

#2. If the king uses one black and two white ones, then one of the princes having white, will guess this right from the point #1.

#3. So, we can say that king used all three white hats to make the confusion and that's why these two princes failed.

The princes is mine lol :)

• This guy googles the answer.

• @Nuqood I never insulted you. Sorry if you felt like that. But this is not good to mislead the asker by accusing me of using other sites and you know, it is banned to copy/paste from anywhere. It is considered "spam".
      And I know what sarcasm is. I'm not "hyper-sensitive", if I was, I'd never reply to you. But I feel doing so because I deemed it right.

Have a nice day :)

• Love the way how you are easily misled. Fine.

• I'm going to say white because if they both are nervous then they both see two people with two white hats, meaning they're wondering if theirs is black.

White is my answer.

• White? Pls don't kill me ;~;

What Girls Said 1