Why do people cry over celebrities?

Lets take Dylan Obrien for example. I love him and i obsess over him, but really he's just a guy. If he wasn't a celeb i wouldn't know who he is. There are guus at my school who are extremely hot but i dont obsess over them. So what is it about celebs that make people go crazy over them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Several factors working together. His distance makes him a safe object to obsess over. Young women's brains are flooded with chemicals which make them want to do this but at the same time they are afraid. A guy they can release all that energy on safely is a relief. Women, again especially young ones, find a guy more attractive if other women are perceived as finding him attractive. The marketers of celebrity know this and try to promote their product in this way, to stir up a frenzy. Finally since you don't really know him, you only see him in the best light and your imagination fills up the rest of the image he has the advantage of no 'feet of clay'.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, but Dylan O'Brien sure is worth crying over ♡

What Guys Said 3

• They fantasise over the celebrities is what they are doing. I have never seen the point in people crying over celebrities when you know the famous person but they have no idea you even exist and there is a good chance you will never get to meet them anyway.

• If you obsess over a celebrity you are stupid. End of discussion.

• Probably because of the mind control and manipulation over the airwaves. Some people will say chemicals, but that's just a smoke screen.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it is because you are ALLOWED to obsess over celebrities. If I were to obsess over one of my friends from school, it would be super weird but there are no consequences for being obsessed with a celebrity. They can't judge you or avoid you or make you feel guilty. It might also be the fake that the have millions of dollars.

• I cried when I found out Robin Williams died by suicide... That seriously hurt me a lot... He was part of my childhood and he created happiness And laughter... Of course I'm going to cry.

• celebrities represent power