Are you afraid of Pit bulls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally, no I'm not. It all depends on how they were raised and trained by the owner. American pit bulls and Staffordshire terriers can be real great dogs. I haven't seen a pit in years though as they've been banned where I live (at least in my city). I hate that. It's the owners who allow or teach their dogs to be aggressive who should be banned, lol. Any dog can be aggressive.

I did have an incident involving a pit bull when I was 12 and walking my dog at the time (an adult male Doberman Pinscher). A neighbour's unleashed pit bull charged at my dog, and it was pretty bad. I was too afraid to walk by that house with my dog after that. But I got over it.

• Cute video! I wonder what kind of kibble shit she's feeding those dogs though... most of the major dog food brands are just wheat/gluten or soy filler and mystery meats. Oh well.

• Thanks for mh!

What Guys Said 19

• If you treat an animal right it will treat you right back - 99.9% of animals that attack are scared or abused.
    It is the humans that are the wrongdoers must of the time.
    They are the ones who seem to have the capacity to be viscious far more than any animal.

• No I am not afraid of Pitbulls. The thing is people have sugar coated this dog, by calling them nanny dogs. Then that leads to owners having problems. We have to accept this breed was bred for fighting other dogs, so it does have a higher prey drive, so more responsibility is needed taking care of the dog.

When they turn aggressive towards another human, that's because of poor socializing or lack of exercise or the dog has something medically wrong. If the dog is ill or injured and the owner doesn't do anything about it, then there will be trouble.

It can be your best friend, or your worst nightmare. It depends on the owner.

• Yes, I am at least a little. Also because I got bitten by one (it wasn't a really grave incident, but it did make me more cautious around aggressive looking dogs). But I am not so ignorant to think that all pitbulls are bombs on legs just waiting to explode in flesh-ripping, bone-shredding fury. As others have said, it depends on how the dog was raised.

Unfortunately, pitbulls tend to attract irresponsible owners. Probably because the buyer wants a pitbull for intimidation reasons. Teach the dog to be aggressive and the pitbull will be very aggressive indeed. Compounded by their natural aggressiveness against other animals this can create major issues.

I dunno, I think it's really not the best choice for someone who is new to owning pets unless that owner is willing to learn a lot.

• If the dog was raised by a loving person, then not at all.

I have more chance of being killed by a homo sapien than I do a canis lupus familiaris.

• I'm afraid of dogs in general. They usually worry me. :/

Anyway, this isn't the main issue. The obvious issue here is that the girl in that video is clearly the child of Satan and no one is doing anything about it! :/

• hha I'm afraid of dogs too but I thought it was a nice video!

• Fine but when she's ruling Mankind from her throne of skulls and ushered in the End Times, don't come crying to me. :P

• If it' s a well trained one no, but if it is a male one who belongs to the gang member down the road then yes lol.

I don't think I would put a kid next to them though, when I was younger a 6-7 year old girl got her face almost bitten off by one at a park, after going up to pat it, the owner went to jail for it.

• Nope I have been attacked my dog has been attacked and I have even killed one however 100% of the time it is the owners fault. Pitfalls I know have more testosterone than any other dog; but they do not deserve the stigma around them.

• Nope not at all.

• Actually pittbulls are rather easy to keep I have a American Pitty and he's the most tame dog I've ever had.

• there is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners

• Yeah, but some breeds are naturally more aggressive than others. Meaning they require a more responsible owner.

• and if someone gets a dog they can't control I would call them a bad owner

• If their on a leash or fenced in, no. If their running loose than yes D:.

• Depends on how the pit bull was raised

• Yes I don't trust pitbulls one bit. I had one running at me full speed once. I got down on one knee pulled out my pepper spray held it out sprayed it in the face and it went down before it could leap at me.

• I miss my pittbulls :(

• im only afraid of sharks and whales

• The irony!! I'm not afraid of sharks or whale but of dogs :(

• No. My sister has a pit bull and she is literally the sweetest dog in the whole world. I swear if an intruder came into the home, she would just lick them to death. Pitbulls are powerful dogs but only dangerous if you train them to be

• the pit bulls are coming! the pit bull are coming... all through the night.

• Pit bulls are just as sweet and loyal as any other dog.

It's just usually the owners who are incompetent idiots not training them, and ignorant people who are afraid of them.

• I have a pitbull. He's the nicest dog ever.

What Girls Said 21

• No. I had 1 pit, and she was amazing. She didn't harm cats, she loved to give kisses, and she was sweet as honey. She was territorial over her food because she was left chained to a tree to die. And when she escaped she had wasted away so that her spine and all her ribs could be counted. But we got her nice and healthy. Pits are like other dogs, it's about how you raise them. Yeah, there are some bad apples. But my golden retriever is more dog aggressive than any we've had before. So, it's not all about breed.

• No, not at all. It's sad that Pit Bulls have such a bad rep :( They're just dogs, just like any other breed.

• Nope, I had one growing up, I think they're just misunderstood, and often brought up in an aggressive environment if they are misbehaved.

• 1|0
  • Not at all. I've owned a few and they were are total sweethearts!

• No not at all. I'm not afraid of any dogs unless they're about to attack and even then my stupid butt would probably try and go pet it. Lbs

• It's just a dog. So no I'm not afraid of them. It's the owners of fighting pitbulls that you should be afraid of. But a fighting dog is usually taught to attack other dogs, not humans. They're a very sweet and loyal dog just like any other dog when they're brought up right.

• Pit bulls are sweet hearts, If you treat them well they treat you well. I had two pit bulls one passed away at 10 and the one I have now just turned 11 I trust him with my life. They were once bred to take care of royal babies.

• pit pulls are most often the victims of abuse because they are owned by stupid people trying to have a mean dog, its just how they are raised.

• No theyre cute

• I'm afraid of all dogs.

• Not really unless they act like they will attack u.

• Yeah usually

• Extremely cute though

• Tbh its better to have them eat out of separate bowls. Dogs can get greedy and aggressive over food.

• Depends on how the dog is raised.
    That does for any dog.

• Naawwww, pitbulls can be very docile!

• not a fan of dogs. my cats and i were attacked on several occassions.

• Depends. Bad owner=bad dog.
    by the way this video was cute as af

• No, I actually want one. :)

• Kind of but it's the same for all big dogs. I just have to get to know them and I'll be fine.

• I'm afraid of all dogs

• No, I'm not.