What do you think of the man in Singapore that was fined $15,000 for littering cigarette butts?

He littered 34 cigrattee butts out of his flat window. A security camera saw it all. He was finded $600 per offence for the first 33 offences and was ordered to take part in comunity service on is 34th offence and had a total to pay of $15,000.

• Good on Singapore, cigarette buts are disgusting no one wants them around and he had his warnings.
    36% (5)69% (9)52% (14)Vote
  • Wow, they were too hard on this guy.
    36% (5)31% (4)33% (9)Vote
  • Other please explain.
    28% (4)0% (0)15% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Also this was only 4 days of littered cigarettes. His community service was only cleaning up the city for 5 hours.

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Girl

• well he knew the laws and rules so it's his own fault, I heard you can't chew gum there either I think they just really care about their environment.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I agree, his own fault. I think you can't take gum into the country or buy it.

• Show All
    • Oh ok well I think there is laws about what kind of music is aloud into the country and stuff to but am not sure.

• interesting

Most Helpful Guy

• If this is specified in the laws that you get fined for this, then this is completely reasonable, even if it is a huge number.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Oh c'mon it's singapore lol that amount of money was probably nothing for him - and it hopefully learned him a lesson in terms of respecting his environment a little more in the future.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hahahahahaha... Well I don't know how rich the average person is in Singapore. Hopefully it did teach him a lesson.

• I think Singapore is similar to Luxembourg in terms of what people earn and i think here the average person earns like 5000-6000 USD so it would only cost them three months of what they earn (which isn't that much in my opinion)

• Hmmm... Lol that is a big enough fine to rake up in only 4 days.

• good. people need to stop fucking littering.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think that is fantastic

0|0
    0|0
  • I do Adopt-A-Highway cleanups. I wish they'd do that here. I'm so sick of seeing where people pull up to stop signs and red lights and empty their ashtrays on the roadside.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am guessing your a non-smoker?

• Show All
    • That is correct, although I rarely smoked away from home.

• You see if all smokers where like you I wouldn't mind them. The truth is your about one of the 5% that don't do it.

• I think he doesn't care

0|1
    0|0