When will people stop believing in the "end of times"?

There has been hundreds of predictions and many people commiting suicde and murder predicting the end times. There has been dozens of pastors predicting the end of times. The date keeps getting reset over and over and over. When will these people stop prediciting end times and when will people finally stop believing in this?

• Never people like potato chips
  • Someday but we still live in archaec times
  • Turkey sandwhich (who knows but I may set a date)

Most Helpful Girl

• There will always be idiots on this planet. "The end of times" will come in several billions of years when sun end it's cycle and turn into a red giant swallowing Earth and other planets... Or it could be a rogue asteroid. But human race will be gone by then. I predict that we'll kill each other off with nuclear bombs long before that time comes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly and from a scientific standard, religion, regardless of which one, will not be able to predict or protect (obviously) from such things. The Earth and galaxy have a cycle which cannot be stopped by modern means... it simply cannot. That said, it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but sooner or later the same fate that has befallen this very planet many times over (do you truly believe the dinosaurs were the first time?) will inevitably take place again.

So, in essence, it's a race against time to stop the inevitable.

• I'm not sure. It's possible the conditions on earth were only tolerable one time for them. I truly could never give a definitive answer.

• @Asker I found this interesting and you may as well:
      www.newyorker.com/.../the-really-big-one

That is a very (substantiated by primary sources by the way - ie: not speculatory material) well written article but what I find most interesting is the fact that the event has occurred many times over through history. Time and time again it has occurred. Now? We are at the cusp of its cycle.

Point being, that is just one event. One event in an entire globe of historical events we literally have a very little understanding of. If we throw religion out in totality for a moment and consider this only from a scientific standard, what is a cycle of events? Events of a cyclical nature that repeat after a series of other events thus creating the cycle. The Earth itself is no different. Scientifically speaking there is absolutely no doubt, zero, none... that events that have transpired in the past will, inevitably, either surface or take place again. A process of birth and rebirth (per say).

• Wow man. That is some scary stuff. The orphan tsunami is amazing from Japan as there was no sign of an earthquake there. Wow. I can't imagine a 600 mile wave lol. I wonder the destruction that would have happened if there were buildings then and certainly yes this will happen again. Thank you for the article. I will read it again.

What Girls Said 3

• Never, all things eventually come to an end! As for when people will stop buying into silly prophecies though, that's also likely never unfortunately. Some people just can't stand the idea that things are outside of our control and by believing the can know when the end is coming, they can feel a little more in control.

• Good answer Miss troll

• The Bible states that no man, angel, Jesus, etc will know the day or time. Only God will. Until then, there will be false prophets deceiving the elect with dates.

• But you really believe that it would happen?

• There is no set date for the end of times. No one knows when the world will end. But it could be soon and soon could be today or 100-200 years from now.

• It will happen last week! Run!

What Guys Said 3

• It's actually true, before the creation of our universe thee was nothing not even time. When universe was created the time started. Everything has its end, except for god. So there'll be one time when the "Time is going to end". It's very far right now. Almost many billions of years. Till then there will be no humans, just like the dinosaurs. On 2012, 05:37 (google) was predicted as the end of the world but nothing happed, I kept eating my pizza that very moment but nothing happened! I am still alive here... The thing is you should stop thinking of all these fool prediction things and enjoy your every moment of life so when you die you'll remember what a great life you had.

• You could just be in a dream within a dream!

• Yes, sometimes...

• lol yes sometimes and you have dreamt but you just didn't recall any of them. Some say psychopaths don't dream or some don't.

• What if the world really ended in 2012 and we are all dead... Or we were denied access to heaven...

• I think we might all be dead yes!

• There's no specific date but certainly the universe will end in time

• I meant end of times bible style but...

• I believe in the science side too see science isn't always against relgion

• Not sure science is ever against religion. Science is science regardless of people believing the earth is 6 thousand years old or that carbon dating is a scam and the biggest scam ever is fossils :P