Is it wrong to look down on smokers?

and shouldn't smoking be banned?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, even though I absolutely distaste smoking (I can't be around it, I have a hard time breathing around it)... I couldn't possibly hate someone or look down upon someone for it. It's a bad habit, yes, but they are only human. My sister has smoked plenty of times and also quit plenty of times... and then starts back up on it again... it is a constant cycle... I understand that it is a struggle for many people. The only thing I absolutely do not appreciate is when people smoke around children, babies, pregnant women, and pretty much anyone who can't or doesn't want to handle it. But I get it, it is a struggle for some people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think smoking is disgusting. It should be banned, but I. This day in age so. eone would find a way to sneak it in.

Besides think of all the tax money that governments make from he sale of cigarettes, they wouldn't ban them, even if it drives up the cost of medical care later on.

They should raise the prices to double the cost if cigarettes, even though someone would still find a way to get them cheaply, or people would roll their own.

I don't really understand the attraction to smoking. Smokers stink, their breath is terrible, their clothes always smell nasty, and it can bring on so many diseases. I don't get it.

• Smoking is already really expensive in Canada but people still do it, and there will always be someone that gives a person a cigarette if they ask for one. I guess they do it because their friends were doing it that's what I've heard. I personally have never and will never smoke anything.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, just because someone has a bad has a bad habit doesn't mean they aren't a good person or a successful individual.
    You shouldn't look down on anyone.

• many people do though.

• But I don't want to be victim of 2nd hand smoke. Smokers should respect my decision by only smoking at home rather than polluting the air and force the habit on me.

• And Nicotine is one of the most toxic drugs about. A very small amount will actually kill you

• I live in a state where you can no longer smoke in a building and you are supposed to be 25 ft from the entrance. I like the law. I do occasionally smoke, but going to a bar where everyone in there seems to be smoking at the same time is horrible. I was thrilled when they passed that law. If you are going to smoke, you should be respectful, which many smokers are not. They throw their butts on the ground, they light up in a crowded area instead of walking away, they throw the garbage of the top of their packs where ever.
    However, I don't think I would look down on them simply because they are a smoker. Most everyone has a vice and that happens to be theirs. I can't judge them unless I want them to judge me, and I don't
    :-)

• Nope, I tend to not really look down on people but with smokers I do. There are no health benefits to it. You're ruining your body. It smells like shit. It's expensive. If you're using it to cope, you're a dumbass. There are other, more healthy alternatives that you can use to help you cope. And not only that, but it's like a disease that you spread to other people too. The smell contaminates other people's hair, clothes. Passive smoking is just as damaging. Fine, if you want to ruin your own body and throw away a shitload of money on nothing, be my guest. But what you're doing is affecting a lot of other people, even children. That's selfish and reckless as fuck. I think smoking should be banned in public yes. People should only be allowed to smoke in designated smoke rooms/areas, not just anywhere on the street.

(also I'm not targeting *you*, just smokers in general).

• I think they're making a stupid decision but I don't look down on them in general. And as much as I hate cigarettes, I don't think they should be banned. I don't agree with paternalistic laws in general.

• lolol... ok, so you're a spiritualist. and try to get everybody to be a spiritualist also... despite liberal beliefs as stated... ok...

• Right... that can completed be construed from what I said >.>

• sorry, you do it to me all the time. perhaps you're not fully mentally normal/healthy.

• i personally think its wrong to look down on anyone... smokers are free to smoke

• No we're not there are No Smoking signs in every public place and even laws passed in some states that can get us arrested for smoking in public. We're discriminated against way more than women or gays or Mexicans. :/

• @creepycreeper oh sorry to hear about that

• I just dont like it when some smokers blows the smoke on other's face.

:(

• I won't say it's wrong.
    But I think it's pretty stupid.

• OK... but then I like how you follow me around to say what my opinions are and should be, or why you reckon I can or cannot say anything. I guess you, @Phoenix98 and @Ubertroll need your fun somehow. you cause me fun, since you reckon I need to accept your worldviews i don't care.

• lol.. i disagree, but then it's clear you're intent on trying to prevent me, and using some spiritualism to support your aims.

sorry, but to me any person can say anything. i don't care if some recess in your mind says otherwise lol.

• Sorry.
      :(

What Guys Said 12

• I don't look down on the fact they are smokers. However, I do look down on most smokers for littering their cigarette butts everywhere.

• It's wrong to look down on anyone.
    And, no, smoking shouldn't be banned. What is with people, today, and banning stuff? People have the right to do what they want.

• It's fine to cut off your dick and wear a dress but don't you dare smoke or fly a rebel flag! That would be weird!

www.mom365.com/.../momthingsjpg.ashx?mw=320

• to me they're different. but yep curing mental illnesses, and oppression/slavery are as bad... lolol.. aspie cannot accept others think differently to him.

• First of all I'm not an Aspie but I've had friends who were and you're being able-ist by using the word aspie as an ad hominem attack which makes you no better than the people in the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church you hypocrite.

• I don't look down on smokers, it's their life. I just don't want them near me when they're smoking.

• yet, i'm not allowed to make an opinion... lolol... despite being a ghetto dude, is there a reason why i cannot comment?

• Did you put this in the right comment section? It has absolutely nothing to do with what I just said.

• lololol... what you give, you get. perhaps drop the ghetto ego.

• It isn't, they are endangering others around them as well as themselves. They are fully aware of it but just don't care. They should be given the message that it's bad & it does NOT make you look more grown up & or cool

• I suppose that depends on the individual.

• lolol... do you have a social disorder? why do you follow me around to tell me what's what (sic) per your spiritualist agenda?

• I was replying to this

ok... but nice to see i'm not allowed to comment on anything lolol...

But whatever.

• i got everything i needed to know lolol... ok.

• Smoking Is disgusting, smokers should avoid smoking around those who don't smoke , feel uncomfortable etc.

• Look down on whomever you want, I don't care.
    Smoking is very common here and people who have a problem with it should probably think of other things they do that piss other people off. I wouldn't even surprised if you are one of those annoying people who sit in the train with their 3 children and talk so fucking loud that everyone else in the train is about to kill you. Or probably you like drinking some alcohol and then annoy the fuck out of people with your drunkenness.

• i don't have kids... and haven't been drunk in public for many years.

• Alright then. Many others who complain about smokers fit the description though.

• Yes, it is wrong because nicotine addiction is an addiction like any other.

• Look down on whoever you want.

• so i cannot make/express an opinion? why not, perchance? is it because you have an ego and you reckon you're a dude? lololol... get checked for your asperger's...

• Nope they shouldn't smoke. It's a nasty habit...

• yes it's wrong