Won't having a baby with a player change him?

I was having a debate with a friend and she reckons if a guy is a player type, who switches from girl to girl (very flirty behaviour) then one day an accident happens and he knocks up a girl, won't he realise that he has a kid now and he may change cause of the kid. I personally didn't agree. What do you guys think?

• Yes the child may change him
  • Ha no chance

Most Helpful Guy

• He'll change... for 5-6 months until the kid starts exhausting him and getting him on his nerves. Then he'll return to the state he was before.
    A player will only change if he wants to change, no outside source will do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO it will not!
    This seems to be a common thought amongst girls. Guys do NOT change, nothing you do will change him. NOTHING.
    This mentality is why you see foolish women tricking guys into getting them pregnant and it never ends well.

What Guys Said 15

• People don't change. He may be so shocked and scared that he might try to be someone different, but sooner or later, he will get tired of it and go back to his normal self.

All that's gonna happen is another single mom and a child who has no dad.

• He might change but it be only a matter of time before he comes back to his old routine...
    He won't change forever... and only stupid idiot women chase a player type of guy and dream of having babies or changing him to make him theirs... LOL

Smart women choose good guys...

• Is it worth the risk to find out? Odds are he disappears into thin air and she's left to raise the mewling cuntspawn on her own, with the added bonus that most men will no longer be interested in her.

• No chance. They arrange those player types for marriage in Turkey with the expectation that he'll settle down. It does not work. Then, they pressure him into making a baby with his wife with the same expectation. It does not work again.
    It's been tried and failed on many separate occasions.

• ehhhhh no lol!!
    he will keep playing the baby momma

• Sounds like the kind of guy that would run away and leave you with the baby. Both of my sisters experienced that.

• Sounds like your friend is going to poke holes in the dudes condoms...

• Nope it will just be a single mother with a child who might have a difficult childhood without a father.

• It will just make him feel compelled to stay with you. And you'll never know if it was because he wanted you or if he felt he was obligated to be there for the baby.

• He may change, but the probably won't.

• He might flee the country, try to get her an abortion or simply just pay the child support.

• Nope my wife still cheats on me and our son is 1 1/2.

• Sorry to hear that :/

• It is what it is.

• Thinking like that is what cause there to be so many single moms out there.

• No it won't and why should it? He's in the 20% group... you know the group of men that 98% of women find attractive so there's more opportunities for him... women make it easy for him.

• There are millions of single moms raising kids with no help from deadbeat dads who thought this.

What Girls Said 8

• A Player is a Player, putting my cards on the table with This. However, in finding out that he is going to be a dad, it may be okay, it may Not because he is So... Hot.
    If he becomes docile like a little dog for a bit and Bites, he may take to the present situation with Kid gloves and be a Father for awhile. However, in being Daddy Dearest, he might just Start Hot footing it down the Frail and Fail trail again because he is feeling the heat of a newbie in his life and doesn't want to be Hooked up with the Queen of Hearts, which is the baby's mother.
    It's a gamble when messing with Any Player. A zebra doesn't usually change its stripes. They may even run off, leaving you with the dirty laundry and become this dead beat And... Then the bough breaks and the cradle will fall, where all of the responsibility falls in your lap.
    Good luck. xx

• No. He's not a responsible person.

• He might change or he might not. That all depends on him. Like I was with this guy, who was a total player and one day I thought I was pregnant. I told him and the first thing he said to me was "Do you think you could miscarriage it?" So like I said, it all depends on him.

• He might change but it would depend on the rest of his characteristics. You can be very flirty and have sex with different people and still be responsible.

• I wouldn't count on it.

• No chance... and avoid guys like that like fire.

• It may change him, but it also may not and he might not want anything to do with him/her

• Nah, he will change when he wants to.