Do you believe the Republican party is racist or bigoted?

Do you believe the GOP is hateful? Especially against blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and any other minorities.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Look up the word "bigot" in the dictionary, and you may find it's not such a dirty word after all. There is nothing wrong with being a bigot per say; I mean, I find myself bigoted towards ISIS.

A bigot is simply someone who is intolerant of a particular view/opinion.

It sounds by your own question, you are a bigot... towards Republicans. There isn't anything wrong with that.

People have the right to disagree with whatever they want, and they don' have to tolerate and accept things they disapprove of. It's not hateful to disagree or have a different opinion. It's not hateful to not like something; it's just a matter of personal preference. If I don't care to hang out with gays, it's not because I hate them or fear them. It's because I like to hand out with people who think like me... just like gay people prefer to hang out with people who think like them. It's everyone's right and they shouldn't' be made to feel bad for living according to their own morals.

I think at the end of the day, the media likes to make you think a political party is a certain way... but the media is biased and only concerned about money. How do they make money? By getting the most ratings. How do they get the most ratings? By covering heated topics that get the most attention.

Keep in mind, that just because something happens in the news, doesn't mean it's fully accurate giving you all important information, or even an actual problem.

If 99% of police officers are wonderful people trying to help society.. and 1% are racist and abusing their power, the media is only going to focus on that 1%.

Would you say 1% is a huge problem? Of course not. A problem, but not huge as if all cops are bad and the country is suddenly in trouble.

So, just because the media likes to focus in every time a Republican says this, or Liberal does that, keep in mind they are only covering the 1% so they can get ratings. And honestly, most of the hispanics in my family are conservative... and I'm pretty sure they are not hateful towards Hispanics or other minorities.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that there are plenty of extremists in the Republican party that are racists and bigots, but the basic beliefs of the Republican party are not necessarily racist, nor bigoted. People just make it out that way, and like i said, there are extremists who take it the wrong way and/or take it too far.

But its hard to describe any political party as a whole to begin with, because even within political parties, there is division and opposing opinions, because its not likely that people can agree with every belief in a political party, they just choose the party that MOST of their beliefs align with.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I do. The propaganda they send out is all about being against this and against that. They never talking about supporting *anyone* but the troops and whichever speaking piece is the flavor of the month. It's horrible.

• Yes, most Republicans speak with racial, prejudice undertones

• Yeah pretty much.

• Yea let's not be against any one who is destroying everything and everyone who we love. Just let them win and do nothing.

• yep hahahaha

What Guys Said 17

• Neither Republicans or Democrats actually cares about minority groups they just say whatever they have to to get the votes. Both parties had heavy KKK influence back in the day but both parties are trying to act like it was only the other side. MLK Jr. denounced both parties for being corrupt.

• Actually it was pretty much exclusively Dems who were in support of slavery and then segregation. Barely any Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act, while nearly half of Dems did.

• They are just humans so because of that it can and is present in all parties not just the republican party. Also, politicians can hide their true beliefs to the public.

• The fact that issues so diverse and encompassing as politics is boiled down to 2 opposite parties who almost unilaterally oppose the other is ridiculous. Political news more closely resembles sports journalism than anything else. Some people in the Republican Party are bigoted yes but that's just because more likely than not they are rich, white people (usually older as well) a demographic more likely to be bigoted. There are plenty of bigoted democrats too but it's not as prevalent because generally speaking the richer people are the more likely they are to feel alienated by others (specifically those who are different than themselves)

• No that is bullshit Liberal propaganda.

• You know you've lost the argument when your best argument is accusing your opponent of being racist.

Which party is running two Hispanics for Prez? The GOP. Which party is running an African American? The GOP. And which party is running a women who doesn't let her husband cheat on her or use Confederate flags on campaign signs? The GOP.

Most of the bigots are in the DNC and the newsrooms of CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and the New York Times. Not the Republicans.

• Lol most of the bigots are in the Tea Party and Fox News. Just because they have two Hispanics and an African American running doesn't mean anything. That's only for a show because we all know no white Republican, especially in the South will ever vote for Hispanics or African Americans to become president.

• Thats not what the polls say!

I'm a white conservative, I'd certainly consider voting for Ben Carson o

• 0|0
    • I wouldn't cite Prager University, considering Dennis Prager is a conservative. That guy whined about Keith Ollison ( a Muslim) used a Quran to be sworn into Oath when he was elected into congress.

• @Surfofthenomad I don't agree with everything they say but sometimes Prager has good points, this is one of them. I was always against affirmative action, the way I see it is that everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed and not have standards lowered just for them since they are less productive in the work place than someone that deserved the job.

• Didn't the Republican Party advocate for the freeing of slaves in America?

• The 2 parties changed once the Democrats gave blacks civil rights during 60s and also when Nixon used the "Southern strategy" because of that to attract the pissed off white Southerners after Civil Rights movement.

• Most of them, no. At least not intentionally.

• Yeah, but i don't think it's specifically a bad thing. They simply want what USA was back in the space race, or the WW2 period. You can't label someone simply because they don't like change.

• I don't know.

I DO know that the DNC is hateful towards whites.

• This coming from the guy claiming that the passage of gay marriage is going to lead to the acceptance of pedophilia. By the way, since someone decided to block me from commenting further on there, children aren't mentally developed enough to make a decision like having an affair with an older person because they're more likely to be psychologically manipulated. Might be one of the reasons we have those laws in place.

• @Surfofthenomad

I'm blocking you to stop the stalking, as much as I know you love me. Sorry. :(

• To generalize one whole party would be wrong but, yes, there are some republicans that don't have the best view of life

• I believe the US government is bigoted towards the majority of their citizens. so we should whine about all of them now.

• Most of the reason ordinary people identify with a political party is to get an easy moral ego boost by demonizing the other party. "Look at me, I'm a good person because I don't like the (fill in name of party)!" It a cheap, easy way to feel good about yourself.

• Democrats are bigoted against immigrants too. They say they like cultural diversity, but take unions for example (always pro-democrat): they don't want illegals taking jobs.

You can find such examples everywhere that will paint both democrats and republicans in a bad light. Not worth the energy.

• Nah I don't. The democratic party was racist originally, but I mean I don't give a shit about that. I'm neither democratic or republican. I just vote for the best candidate. Everybody should do that. Regardless it doesn't matter. Lobbyists control America and you can't vote them in.

• I'll break it down

About 20% of the party are honest open racists, but that's mainly their supporters not the politicians themselves
    About 75% of the party are closet racists, and the majority of them are politicians

The remaining 5% are not racist. They're also nuts. They talk down on Black hispanics etc and then expect them to vote for them.

• Of course the vast majority of them are, but they always try to deny and go "No, no!! I'm not prejudice! I just believe in XYZ" and all of us liberals are just whineeyyyyy and butthurtttt