Love is blind- true or not?

My friend said, 'love is blind.' I'm not sure I understand how or why.. -rolls eyes-

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• Well, i'm not sure, maybe though... but for me when i first saw her the world around me evaporated into thin air, i could only her hear, feel hear, watch her... nothing else was more important than her and still is

• Love at first sight?

• Aww I will :) your love story sounds amazing..

• thank you, it was and still it amazing, i love her so much :)

• I think it's true for women - if the guy is really fun to be around, they can look past his fugliness.

For men, love is deaf - if the girl is really hot, they can ignore the vapid stuff coming out of her mouth.

• U got into sumones life without knowing them fully cuz u nvr know when they are lying all that cheesy stuffs juz to get in to panty and to get abandon at the end after all 👌🏼

• Love is blind cause you love them unconditionally.

• No. But i do believe in love at first sight.

A girl fell in love with me on her first sight of my wallet.

• considering my recent experiences, infatuation is blind, love is the opening of the eyes

• If you really love someone then you can overlook any shortcomings

• He is right love is some what blind

• Justice is blind too :D

• PC nonsense.

• In the sense that you don't see the flaws of who you love.

• Not when it comes to penis size.

What Girls Said 8

• If you don't understand how or why then that's probably because you've never experienced true love.

• You've experienced 'true' love?

• Yeah, maybe.. I think it means that you can love anyone who's bad or horrible..

• It basically means that you are so in love that you become blinded towards the negative, harmful, unhealthy, toxic traits and habit of that person. You "can't see" how bad they really are for you because you love them so much. "Love is blind"

• I think love is blind in the sense that u dont choose who u fall in love with sometimes.

Or, in the case of lust, it can also make u blind to some major flaws a person has.

Real love, however is not blind. It sees the person exactly for who they are and still love that person all the same. Flaws and all u still desire to commit to that person.

• I do believe love is blind. Cause when you love someone.. You don't see any flaws of that person. To you, that person is Perfect.

• yep true, i was always very attracted to my ex, but after we broke up i just could not see it anymore, of course he ended up being an ass and a taker so it could have some affect.

• When you start to catch feelings, you most likely start to have exceptions just for him.

• For the ones who puck the wrong bfs into drugs, have serious psychosis epis, and weird sex habits

• i believe that love is blind bc people a lot of the time fall in love with people who have many bad qualities, but love is too blind to see those bad qualities and only focus on the good.

• It's true. You "dont see" (you accept) their faults. Even if they don't accept yours. You don't have to understand why.

• Accepting their 'flaws' doesn't mean you become 'blind' and cannot 'see' them..

• No no I meant blind with love or something.. Not that you cannot see if they're a bad person or a good person doing bad things..
      Sorry for not clarifying..

• Oh haha I see :p. It's not like you don't know, or are blind to if they're a "bad" or "good" person. It's more like your feelings for them overpower your better judgement of their character... if that makes sense.

It's kind of a dumb saying though I think.