Why is feminism just a joke in America?

I see it as literally a comedy show and nothing more and nothing less. Why does it even exist in this country? The wage gap? Unproven and still controversial. Rape statistics? Ok but men can be raped too so this argument is irrelevent. Why does it exist in this country? I'm not the only one that feels this way even my own mom and many of my female friends think that feminism in this country (and many western countries) serves no purpose and is just a greedy way for females to gain power.

I was watching this show a few weeks ago and it was talking about how this guy had gotten his dick cut off for cheating and EVERYONE in the audience was laughing at it. But you and I know for a fucking fact if it was reversed and they were laughing about a women getting her tits cut off NO ONE WOULD BE SUPPORTING IT America would be going fucking crazy and their would be protests in the streets and petitions trying to get the show off the air and it would happen within an hour of this.

It's also the hilarious double standards feminists have, they want equal rights but ONLY when it benefits them. So in other words that means that guys cannot, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, even if every living being on this planet is at stake, lay their hands on a women in any way. How can people take this ideolgy seriously?

There's also the fact that these feminists don't take their bullshit to middle eastern countries were women are ACTUALLY oppressed they just play the victim card in America when nothing is fucking happening to them.

Done with my rant, feminism in this country is hilariously pointless lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Agreed, it's completely irrelevant in the Western world.

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminists are the reason feminism is a joke in America. On paper, feminism seems great. "Making women equal in social, political, and economic power to men." But in practice, feminists fail at it. They turn it into blaming men for every problem under the sun, denying their own special gender driven privileges, and idolizing themselves and thinking they can do no wrong. Then they draw battle lines and shame anyone, man or woman, who disagrees with them. The vast majority of people think women and men should be treated equally by both society and the law, yet the vast majority of people also refuse to identify as feminist. Isn't that a curious coincidence?

What Girls Said 4

• Ugh, I'm getting sick of these anti-feminism posts now. WE GET IT, you don't like it! Now move along...

• "Ok but men can be raped too so this argument is irrelevent."
    Only a small percentage of males are raped though so how exactly does that make the argument irrelevant? It's like saying "oh well 99% of a cigarette is toxic but 1% is good for you, so the toxicity is really irrelevant due to that 1%"... lmao

• They're trying to argue that rape is only specific to them when in reality it's not specific to anyone, rape is rape.

It's also the fact that male rape isn't taken seriously nor even acknowledged by them.

• "Only a small percentage of males are raped though so how exactly does that make the argument irrelevant?"

Your whole opinion is irrelevant. Where's the source to that claim?

• @JohnBhoy94 according to RAINN about 17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape, and 2.78 million men in the U. S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape. According to my calculations this means that about 13.5% of victims are male, so 86,5% of the victims are female. The fact that 86,5% of the victims are female should be enough for it to become a feminist issue. 86,5% is not an irrelevant number, to the point where it shouldn't even be a feminist issue.

This does not mean, however, that the male vics don't deserve as much help.

• Beccause of feminazis.

• Because it's America, and it's filled with Americans. What did you think was going to happen?

What Guys Said 10

• Guy - ''Hey how are you?''

Feminazi - ''Oh my god fuck off you pedophile rapist stop trying to opress me with your privellage you ruin everything its your fucking fault you make $0.00001 more than me per hour i hope you burn in hell and i will make that happen by whipping my tits out in public and being a massive lesbian''

• When you say show are you referring to the View where the dudes dick got thrown in the garbage disposal? No one actually respects that show or the hosts so relax. Yes there are inequalities against men in the country but there are also inequalities against women as well. You can't generalize about all of women just like women shouldn't generalize issues of all men. It needs to be dealt with on a case by case scenario. If you meet a hypocrite just kick them to the curb and move on.

• I don't agree - Thanks for the Xper point

• I think that when a whole group of people is screaming that they are being treated unfairly, then you, as a person who does not belong to that group, should not say "they're wrong, fuck them".

Women are being treated unfairly and as if they were objects (before people start, no, not every man treats them like objects but enough do), and the fact that you do not see it, at least to an extent, and try to defend the wage gap is proof of that.

Also, feminists believe everyone is equal, the group you're referring to is called misandrists (sp?).

• i0.kym-cdn.com/.../474.gif

Be sure to steer clear from Tumblr

• This woman is worth listening.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2k86AaMfAY

• It is because like almost all ideologies they want an even playing field that is in their favor.

• Women are chaos they are not evil, they are not darkness they are not light, and chaos devours all so that it can be complete they are something far more horrendous. EVEN IF ALL THE HAPPINESS AND SOURCE OF LIFE HANGED IN THE BALANCE AND SHE WAS SMALLEST TINIEST AMOUNT OF JOY THEY WOULD DESTROY US ALL REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT BE SOMEONE WHO HARMED THEM OR SOMEONE WHO NEVER HARMED THEM REGARDLESS OF IT BEING HUMANITY OR THE ANIMAL KINGDOM.
    We all like to call woman beautiful but To be fair the perfect comparison, allusion and most accurate comparison of women in this world would be this creature
    www.theagencyinc.com/.../gollum2.jpg&h=120&zc=1&a=t&q=100
    facesofnarcissism.com/.../gollum11_lrg.jpg

A creature so obsessed with power that it would be willing to throw the world into chaos for the tiniest amount of joy even though it has enough joy to be content in its life it will betray its friends and even sacrifice itself in a pool of lava in greed and selfishness. YES THIS IS WHAT A WOMENS TRUE FORM IS BEYOND THE BULLSHIT THAT SOCIETY TRIES TO PUT US THROUGH THAT IS.

• This question is hilariously pointless lol.

• Because Feminazis ruin it. There's a difference between feminist and feminazi