Massive earthquakes and tsunamis now predicted to soon destroy the U. S. Pacific Northwest?

Are you scared? (If you're American)
If you don't believe me then here:
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/15/massive-mega-earthquake-will-destroy-pacific-northwest-scientists-predict

I could link more but I don't want to.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't live in the northwest but that sucks for Oregon and Washington. I'm more worried about the volcano in the Canary Islands. There's a massive chunk of land that's breaking off and the another volcano eruption would cause a colossal landslide that would create a mega tsunami twice the height of the empire state building that would hit the entire eastern U. S.(I'm not sure how big the wave would be when it made it to the U. S. though) but millions would die and trillions of dollars worth of damage.

• That must be so scary for the people that live there

• @Codydude 13,000 would be killed by the earthquake itself. 70,000 would be in the flood zone that would be hit by the tsunami.

• Oh yeah. But I think their map is off. Trust me, a tsunami isn't going over the coast range.
      Do you live here?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I live on the east coast. I feel like this wouldn't happen anyway

• It might... There is a possibility. And if it does, then you won't see it coming

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah i feel bad for the West Coast i live on East Coast but
    that would be terrible to happen and i know we had a earthquake
    in 1985-86 it was not big but it did mild damage my cousin was
    in elevator in Pittsburgh PA when it first hit and she didn't know
    what was going on and in fact we were off from school cause
    we had some type of cancellation that day or it was a holiday.

• There's also the San Andreas fault and the Yellowstone volcano, this last one is even worse as it will affect a lot of the US, and other countries too.
    Nature's amazing, but deadly af.

• All those games that had swimming segments and oceans prepared me for anything like this
    cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/.../...1qeyp1lo5-250.gif

• The West Coast has been long overdue for a big quake. *Glares at nearest fault line* Bring it knave.

• Well... Since you've heard it so much this news had no affect on the people that live there. But when it happens, they won't even see it coming until the water starts breaking the glass open to fill the whole house with water and the water starts seeping in from the windows and doors

• Has* not had

• This isn't anything new. The risk has been known for a long time. Any place that is adjacent to a mega-thrust fault zone is subject to this type of destruction. Just ask Japan or Indonesia.

• i bet those countries are still trying to rebuild themselves since it happened a long time ago but it was also not that long go at the same time

• Faux news common

• Meanwhile, 2012.

• I live in that red zone... thats not a good thing, is it?

What Girls Said 2