Guys, Trouble with Buick Enclave, Help?

Totally off topic, but I'm driving to Florida but I'm stuck in Tennessee because I'm having trouble with my vehicle, it seems to be having electrical problems, I was driving and all of a sudden the radio shut off, it couldn't read the odometer, gas, or anything electrical related, any help? Please!

8

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't say what model year it was, but that seems to be a fairly common issue with Enclaves.

From:
    www.justanswer.com/.../

"You can reset the system by disconnecting battery for 10 minutes while touching cables together.. If that doesn't help you probably have a bad body control module which controls all of the electrical accessories and is about a $500 repair at dealer."

www.arfc.org/.../problem.aspx

forums.edmunds.com/.../buick-enclave-audio-problems

From what I've seen, as long as the car will run and you make sure you keep it refueled and stick to interstate driving with no stopping in traffic, you should be able to safely get it to Florida.

• Thank you sooooooo much! I really appreciate an answer

• yep, that could likely be it.

It could also simply be a blown fuse. Worth checking before starting to fiddle with the battery itself ^^
      (just stating the stupidly easy option you tend to overlook)

What Guys Said 7

• is the battery terminals corroded? it could be that its as simple as cleaning the connections

• Question: is it intermittent, or is it permanently off?

The simplest problem is a blown fuse, if everything is now permanently off.

If intermittent, most likely wiring or a circut breaker that trips.

• There may have been some car-savvy girls who could've helped you out. I feel like you miss out by using gender-block.

• Could be the ecu but not 100% with that, you can do these simple things...

disconnect your battery then connect it again and also check the fuses. It could be connections too. being it to a mechanic whenever you can

• you could get your answer faster if you asked more than just the guys.

i know thats the stereotype im supposed to fin into but i happen to know nothing about cars. jussayin.

• probably alternator

• Why do you assume only guys can help you? Talk about stereotyping.