Why are transgenders lumped together with gay people under LBGT?

If you ask me, they should be grouped separatley. I'm in complete support of the LBG community, but transgenders, as you'll see from my mytakes, aren't even a valid issue. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-behavior/a11024-trans-what-how-does-that-work

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/a7834-the-actual-difference-between-sex-gender-in-detail

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it is a sexuality

• No, it's not when you think about it.

• Someone who feels like one sex trapped in the other's body is a transgender. Someone who has a sex change operation is a transsexual. Someone who is one is usually also the other, but not necisarily.

Just read the dang links in the take.

• Well then I don't know ask your mom/sis/bro/cous/dad
      Because this is confusing AF.
      What I believe personally is that if you have a dingdong you're male and if you got a vajayjay you're a female. Gooooooooood...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a bit broader. Just general sexual freedom

• But gender has nothing to do with sex. (read the take in the second link.)

• Nvm
      Filler

• Most people don't realise the difference and just group them together

What Girls Said 1

• It's my understanding that LGBT+ covers any sexual and/or gender minorities.

What Guys Said 5

• Because whether or not you think they're a 'valid issue', the reality of it is that they're an antagonized minority and they need their rights represented and that's easier to achieve when you're part of an inclusive community. And since that community is definitely not straight people, as you just demonstrated, they're part of LGBT.

• Trans people need more support of society. Gays and lesbians at a height reached parliament and mayors as well as big business.

• i think you have a good point, one is reflective of sexual desires, the other perhaps not.

• Why do you care? Special Snowflake (TM) syndrome?

• i think cuz they're usually gay too.