What would people of 1800's America think if they saw you walking around in the clothes you're wearing now?

You got in a time machine in the clothes you're wearing at this moment and went to 1848. You're on a random street in America. What would people think if they saw you? They'd think there was a fire or something in my house and I ran out without putting clothes on. I'm wearing a black sleeveless shirt and shorts.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I would be in my glory to get out of the clothes I'm in and wear something gorgeous straight out of a JW Waterhouse painting. This would be me... asking people to take me out of my 2015 style and dress me in this:
    hoocher.com/.../waterhouse_windflowers_BMJ.jpg

• I have a feeling that dress wouldn't come cheap

• I absolutely know this. I was born in the wrong era, and your question made me smile because I wish I was around in the Victorian/Pre-Raphaelite era. There is a painting by Waterhouse called Lady of Shallot (my favourite) and I've asked my husband to photograph me recreating that scene in our rowboat. He's a photographer and I want very badly to dress as her (the painting version) and do a theme. **Sigh** :D

• Seeing that era would be cool, but I wouldn't want to be born back then :D Few social rights, no treatments for diseases, many taboos etc. I love 2015. I just think relationships were better back then, when youy didn't have a billion options from all around the world.

What Guys Said 2

• I think if I wore my normal clothes to that era, then people would think I'm weird and no one would talk to me cause they've never seen clothes like this before.

• I would guess the guys would think of me as someone from another country they've never heard of - a fancy country. The women might be intrigued to get to know me - maybe. You tell me.

What Girls Said 3

• LOL! I'm wearing pajama pants and a t shirt so I'd probably be committed if I was lucky XD

• witches. probably be burnt.

• They'd think I'm weird. I'm wearing baggy pants and my brother's hoodie.