Can they sack me or give me a warning?

I work 16hrs a week as I have a baby, I am a single mum with limited Childcare, I informed work that before they employed me and was honest with them before they even hired me! I have done extra shifts in the past but recently I haven't been able to down to Childcare, I'm worried that if I keep saying no then I might get in trouble! I do my contracted hours/shifts, I'm never late and I get on with my job but I'm concerned my boss might be getting fed up with me. What should I do? Will I loose my job?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you will not lose your job. As long as you work your scheduled hours you will not be fired. Look at it this way, employment is a contract, i. e. they are REQUIRED to hold up their end of the deal (pay, benefits, your employment) as long as you hold up your end of the deal (complete assigned tasks efficiently, show up on time, etc.) and visa versa. Hours can be cut, but that sounds very doubtful in your situation.

• Thank you, I'm just fed up repeating myself to my boss over and over

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are permanently employed and you are working your contractual hours you should be fine. Over time is not compulsory unless stated in your contract. They shouldn't get annoyed with you but they may stop offering you over time. If you decide you want to start doing over time again let them know, just keep them up to date and things should be fine.

What Guys Said 2

• You should be fine if you are working your agreed hours and on time which you said you are. Does your contact state working extra hours when needed?

• no, you should be fine, as stated below over time is not complusory, and your working conditions eg child issues are the same as they were before employment.

What Girls Said 0